D&D General Poll: What module do you want to see Goodman Games tackle next for Original Adventures Reincarnated?

What module do you want to see Goodman Games tackle next for Original Adventures Reincarnated?

• Against the Cult of the Reptile God

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Beyond the Crystal Caves

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Desert of Desolation

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Dragons of Despair/Dragonlance Series

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Dwellers of the Forbidden City

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Queen of Spiders/Vault of the Drow/Queen of the Demonweb Pits

Votes: 27 21.1%
  • Test of the Warlords

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • The Slavers

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • Desert Nomads Series

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Palace of the Silver Princess

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • The Secret of Bonehill

Votes: 3 2.3%

teitan

Legend
D1-3 and Q, or preferably GDQ but WOTC already did G. D1-2, Descent into the Depths of the Earth and Shrine of the Kuo Toa are the quinessential Underdark adventure and D3, Vault of the Drow, gave us the foundations for the Drow Culture (not all were Lolthites) with Q1 being a wonderful capstone to it all. They are ripe for conversion and republication and the OAR is the perfect format for that and a historical survey.

+1 for the slavers.

GDQ would have been my first pick, but WotC did the giant part and if Goodman Games are to redo that, it would have to include WotC new itteration. I am not sure that it would be a wise thing at this point. So The next logical step is either the Slavers serie, or Dwellers of the Forbidden City. Both have a lot possibility and a great potential for expansion. Desert of desolation would be good too...

I'd love to see the original in print. The revised version, not so much.

How is Palace of the Silver Princess not included?

For me, most of my fond memories of 2e modules are the more setting-specific ones, like LC3 Night Watch in the Living City and RQ1 Night of the Walking Dead. I really need to go back and look at some of the more setting-agnostic ones.

Honestly, I’d like to see them tackle some 2E stuff. Dragon Mountain was a blast back in the day. I’d love to see it updated and expanded.

Another one that would get my vote is I10: House on Gryphon Hill. The ending would need some work, but I think it would be great to have it as a follow-up to Curse of Strahd.

Retreater

Legend
I've never had the opportunity to peruse any OARs from Goodman.
Are these straight conversions, or is there any updating, expansion, etc, as well?
If so, what is the additional/changed material like?
They start off with interviews and articles about the history of the original adventure. Then they reprint the full adventure in its original edition. Then they convert the adventure to 5e and include a ton of bonus content/side quests/etc.
For example, in the Lost City, they detail additional areas below the pyramid, actually getting to describe the Lost City.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Since there was no option for "YES PLEASE!", I chose "Dwellers of the Forbidden City". Dwellers is easily in my top 5 modules of all time...probably even top 3. I just love the entirety of it...the openness, but still having stories going on (or not). The last time I ran Dwellers we actually used the Conan RPG (Mongoose, Conan 1e). I tell ya...if ever there was an AD&D 1e module with the Conan-Feel... Dwellers is it! :D

EDIT: Or, as @John R Davis mentioned.. "The Secret of Bonehill"! :) Another one in my top 5!

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Remove ads