Poll: Why do you give out XP?

Why do you give out XP?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Why do you give out XP?

Are you consistent?

How often do you run out ("You have given out too much XP in the past 24 hours")?

-------

Edit: as soon as I finalized the poll I thought of two more reasons that I give out XP:
1. I give out XP to people who are brand-new/have gray lights under their name;
2. For posts that bring facts into a thread.

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I give it for most things, not usually to OP posters, but people with good ideas, or funny pictures, or statements, or particularly wise things, or if I am spreading it to give to those things

I rarely run out unless I am giving it to spread it, which is 90% of my XP.

EDIT: and new users and spam, but I rarely see spam so that does not come up very often.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I never run out, but I have sneaky xp super-powers (and I think my xp counts more than normal.) I'm consistent about handing it out to someone whose post palpably makes this site more fun or more interesting. If I think "man, that's cool," they get xp.

Mentioning bacon doesn't hurt, either, but it's not mandatory.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I voted for a few, and would have voted for the two in TC's edit.

I don't know how consistent I am. Sometimes, I don't give out XP to deserving posts because of RW concerns; sometimes I can't due to not having given out enough for it to reset for a particular poster, but remember later on and return to award it. But not always.

I don't run out very often. If I do, I take note of who I intended to reward and try to deliver the XP later.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I put out to those that tickle me. Wait, that came out wrong. I give exp to things that make me nod my head in agreement, or smile, or chuckle, or laugh, and grey lights, and points that trump my points, and interesting stuff, and when they just really really deserve it.

Remove ads