D&D 5E Polygon plays D&D using Fantasy Grounds VTT

Gecko85

Explorer
Looks like they're all using FG for the first time, and learning as they go. For example, in their first combat attack they didn't use the tools to select who was being attacked, so had to do the damage manually. Still, gives a decent overview of the tools, even if they're not using them to the full potential yet.

My group just pitched in the money to get it for me.

So far, I'm very impressed. The campaign management is nice, the combat tracker is incredible, and having everything right there at your fingertips is a huge time saver.

I have one complaint...and it's a pretty big one.

Their mapping tools are really not very good. Sure, it's easy to pull in pictures or maps into the toolset, but drawing your own maps? Good luck!

mattcolville

Adventurer
My group just pitched in the money to get it for me.

So far, I'm very impressed. The campaign management is nice, the combat tracker is incredible, and having everything right there at your fingertips is a huge time saver.

I have one complaint...and it's a pretty big one.

Their mapping tools are really not very good. Sure, it's easy to pull in pictures or maps into the toolset, but drawing your own maps? Good luck!

Yep. I don't know what the issue there is, they don't seem to think "drawing maps" is important. They seem to expect you to draw what you want in MS Paint or GIMP or whatever and then bring it into FG, but that is not a practical solution.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
While I agree that some decent drawing tooks would be nice I have found that GIMP is falirly striaght forward for drawing basic old school style maps.

Remove ads