• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Polymorphing into a Tendriculos: 2 questions

Zithuan

First Post
If I polymorph into a Tendriculos and Swallow an opponent whole, what happens after the Polymorph spell has ended?

What happens if I am hit with poison, and polymorph into a plant creature (immune to poison) before I would have to make the second save?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
It might be a GM call, but I'd rule the swallowed opponent would simply be popped out when you unpolymorph.

And I think you auto-pass your save against poison when you polymorph into a plant. You might have to roll your save normally and the poison would be surpressed while a plant, but I don't think so.

shilsen

Adventurer
I'd handle both the way Jdvn1 suggested. Unless the creature you swallowed as a tendriculos is actually small enough to fit in your stomach when you are back in normal form, in which I'd let it remain in there.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
cmanos said:
now I would be the bitch who said your stomach burst open when the poly ended.

me too

although I would give a fort save to have you spew your victim out as you changed

Zithuan

First Post
My DM has decided that the round polymorph ends, I spend the entire round regurgitating my swallowed foes... :confused:

Getting back to the poison question: when I do change back, do I go back to my poison-damaged self, or does being in plant form for a few minutes effectively neutralize the poison?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads