Polymorphing your familiar

Iku Rex

Explorer
Re: Maybe me but !!!????

Deathwalker said:
Than they can alter there form as they please !!!!!

"Poly"morph Self was changed in T&B.
(You can change form once, and then you keep that form until the spell ends or you decide to go back to your own form.)

Mr.Binx

First Post

Deathwalker said:
why use the "other" spell if he can cast the spell pholymorph self on him self and the toad via the share spell ability ?

Extend the spell and in jou can shift all day long !!!

Or is it me ?? ;)

First off, Iku Rex is right. The self-only version was errata'ed in T&B. Now you can only change form once and then you keep that form until the spell ends or you decide to go back to your own form.

Second, a spell with any duration other than instaneous that is shared with the familiar ceases to function when the familiar moves more than 5ft. away from it's master. That could get annoying real quick. ;)

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend

Deathwalker said:
why use the "other" spell if he can cast the spell pholymorph self on him self and the toad via the share spell ability ?

Extend the spell and in jou can shift all day long !!!

Or is it me ?? ;)

Well, ignoring the errata mentioned above, he's a sorcerer and doesn't HAVE polymorph self. Poly other's his first 4th level spell. And, most importantly, it's permanent.

Gromm

First Post
Personally I wouldn't want to make my familiar, which has only 1/2 my hps and does terrible things to me when it dies, a large creature everyones going to attack and try to kill.
Call me crazy, but this one seems to balance itself fairly well in most respects.

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
Personally, I prefer having a formian worker familiar and then polymorphing him into a janni so he can use equipment, looks human and has decent physical stats: 16 Str, 15 Dex, 12 Con.

This familiar and a cohort is kinda neat... ;)

med stud

First Post
If the toad is Tiny, you can polymorph it into a halfling or gnome. Then he could do some cleaning for you and fold your clothes and stuff. Or you could transform it into a coli- bacteria and keep him in your intestines. Con +2 without having to drag a toad around is great.

Earthstone

First Post
lol!

...i think you're missing out on the fact that familiars are intelligent... ...i know that I, being the the intelligent being that I am, would NOT allow my self to stay in ANYONE'S intestines for any extended period of time...

Remove ads