PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis slings his companions bow over one shoulder, gathers his pack and grabs his glaive, using the weapon's hardwood shaft as a walking stick. He follows along behind Leaf, feeling somewhat refreshed after yesterday's trial.

Downstream, Leaf?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Probably don't want to head to far from camp in case they need us. Or we need them :eek:

Mowgli should we try Survival checks now and post based on the roll to get through this or do you have other (evil) plans for us?[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Go ahead and make your Survival checks (standard DCs from the Core Rules) and post your results. Based on descriptions so far, let's have Abraxis roll to Aid Another, and use Leaf's roll for the main. Make one roll to determine both food and keeping your bearings. Note that if you don't break 15 it's gonna be tough for you to get back to camp :p (Since you're staying close by the stream I'll give you a +4 bonus for the 'getting lost' portion only).[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis keeps his eyes on Leaf's back while his companion fishes, while simultaneously trying to shoot any decent sized birds that come within range.

OOC: Aid another rolls (although my rolls came out high enough that maybe you want to use them, and have Leaf aid Abraxis? LOL.

renau1g

First Post
"I shall see if we can find some meat, or perhaps some berries or roots to eat as well" Auron says, standing up after the breakfast and calls on his spirit ally.

The duo stay close to the camp, perhaps that is why their efforts end in such poor results. A few small animals and a handful of wild berries are all they turn up, enough for one or maybe two, but not enough.

The barbarian appears embarrassed as he brings back his find.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Aid another rolls (although my rolls came out high enough that maybe you want to use them, and have Leaf aid Abraxis? LOL.

[sblock=OOC]Since I'm the one who made the call, you can play it either way this time :). But since in this setting the survival stuff becomes pretty much an encounter in and of itself I'd typically like a decision on who's making the primary check and who's doing the support before the rolls are made (actually, that should be the case for any Aid Another checks, not just the Survival ones).[/sblock]

[sblock=MikeL]Mike, I haven't forgotten that neglected post. Hopefully I'll get a minute at work to get to it. Re: the papers from the Jenivere, you've gleaned pretty much everything you can from them - the map and the summary of the Captain's Log are about it.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Leaf had never had a happier day that he could remember. Spending the day with only the focus of outwitting the fish of the river and not worried over what was to become of the stranded group was very liberating to the goliath's mind.

He started with the hook and line and as he pulled the hook (and it's grub a fixed to it) through the water to attract fish he found himself humming and smiling at thoughts long ago.

"That's not how you do it." came his brothers voice.

"I'll do it how I like. And I bet I catch more fish than you do." was always his reply. And then his brother would catch three fish to every one of his.

Leaf continued to smile and wondered if Hek-ath ever knew that he always made sure his big brother caught more fish on purpose. Leaf like then caught a few nice fish using the hook and line but it was time consuming and would not do to feed everyone in the group. So taking up his net he waded into the cold waters.

The net not only caught more than one fish at a time it allowed Leaf to bring in larger fish the line would not hold. The largest was nearly two feet long and must have weighed fifteen pounds. He held the large fish up over his head with both hands showing it to Abraxis. "I think we will feast tonight!" Leaf said jovially.

[sblock=OOC] I will have Leaf make the primary rolls with the two +2 added. I don't think we should switch due to rolling good ahead of time.

Survival (finding food) = 1d20 +7 (skill) + 2 (aid)
Survival (avoid becoming lost) = 1d20 + 7 (skill) + 2 (aid) + 2 (compass)

Fluff to follow rolls[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
OOC: After seeing Leaf's skill bonuses for survival, he should definitely be in charge of the primary rolls, with Abraxis aiding another. Leaf's +7 is much better than Abraxis' +1, and Leaf's is likely to continue to increase. :)

Rhun

First Post
He held the large fish up over his head with both hands showing it to Abraxis. "I think we will feast tonight!" Leaf said jovially.

Abraxis smiles and nods at his companion, having had some success himself in shooting a few plump looking birds. "Let's just hope the fish taste like fish, and these birds taste like chicken!" he jokes.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Lerissa will give Ishirou his space for now. She is concerned that Gelik is still in bed so will go to check on him. "It's not a problem is you need more sleep, I just wanted to make sure you are OK." Lerissa speaks softly to Gelik.

The Gnome rolls over and casts a sleep eye on the Tiefling. "I'm fine, I assure you," he says before rolling back over and pulling his bedroll up over his head.

[sblock=MikeL]Sorry this took so long - it's been an extremely hectic week, with only a short spot here and there to post up a little. Catching up now![/sblock]

Remove ads