PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
After about four hours Leaf, Abraxis and Auron all return successfully from their forays into the jungle. Leaf's fish and Abraxis' fowl, combined with the root vegetables and fruits gathered by Auron, will be enough to feed everyone for a day with a little left over.

Jask expresses dignified pleasure at the haul, and suggests that the remaining meat should be smoked so it will keep for a day or so in the heat. Aerys is somewhat more reserved; she looks even more wan than the night before and is plainly not well.

Gelik, having risen from his bedroll sometime during the morning, looks disdainfully at the haul. "The mighty hunters return," he sneers, casting his gaze particularly at Auron's pile of tubers and fruit. Sasha fidgets in her place; hand absently stroking the hilt of her sabre. Aerys looks at Gelik impassively, then wearily rises and goes over to Sasha, speaking quietly into the red-headed woman's ear.

[sblock=OOC]There's enough food to feed everyone for today, and two of you tomorrow as well.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Leaf helps prepare the fish, wishing he had some tramlers* to add to them as they cook over the fire. He watches Aerys with concern and then shoots a glance at Abraxis. The questioning look in his eye says "Should I do something now?" even though no words are said.

[sblock=OOC] Is that our total food stores? We can use survival on the go but it will slow us down. But then again we have no time limit do we? I don't think we were given one.

And will try something before the day ends to help Aerys without letting her know I am helping. That's what we talked about right, will look it up. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis gives the sneering Gelik a hard look. "You are more than welcome to find your own food, Gelik. If you are not appreciative of our efforts, I'm certain that someone is more than willing to take your share."

The aasimar drops of his fowl near the fire, so than the food can be cooked and smoked. He turns to Leaf and says quietly, so as not to be overheard. "Luck was with us today. I'm not sure that we can continue to feed such a large group, though. We are going to have to explore this island for better shelter and another food source. And soon, I think."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Is that our total food stores? We can use survival on the go but it will slow us down. But then again we have no time limit do we? I don't think we were given one.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]That's it - you're all out other than what you manage to hunt. But you are correct, you haven't been placed under any time limit.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]And will try something before the day ends to help Aerys without letting her know I am helping. That's what we talked about right, will look it up. [/sblock]

Leaf wracks his brain, but is unable to recall any ailment with the specific symptoms he's observed so far in Aerys.

Abraxis gives the sneering Gelik a hard look. "You are more than welcome to find your own food, Gelik. If you are not appreciative of our efforts, I'm certain that someone is more than willing to take your share."

The Gnome sneers at Abraxis as well but retreats into silence, apparently cowed for the moment.

mleibrock

First Post

The aasimar drops of his fowl near the fire, so than the food can be cooked and smoked. He turns to Leaf and says quietly, so as not to be overheard. "Luck was with us today. I'm not sure that we can continue to feed such a large group, though. We are going to have to explore this island for better shelter and another food source. And soon, I think."

Lerissa is just about to lose her temper when Abraxis speaks similar thoughts to the tiefling's. "I agree. If you don't want to pull your weight you are more than welcome to go hungry or find your own food" She tries very hard to control her temper as she speaks the words.

(Sense motive on Gelik)

Lerissa, having discovered nothing more in the documents picks up the fish and begins cleaning and gutting them. Soon she defeathers the birds and uses some of the guts to wrap the birds and fashions a spit over the fire she gets started. The birds roast slowly and smell great, the fish smells like...well fish. The fragrant aroma begins to concern her that it might attract varmints or worse. "We need to make sure to tie up the food tonight and I'd think keep it a fair distance from the camp. Who knows what is on this island that might also enjoy this meal...other than Gelik I mean"

(Survial check - not sure what else might relate to cooking)

During dinner, Lerissa keeps an eye on Aerys. Paying attention to how much she consumes. After dinner she will approach her and again visit with her to see if she might be able to determine the cause of her ailment and see if Lerissa might be able to do anything to help the attractive woman. She will also try and heal her (which I'm sure will be tough since we do not know what is causing her sickeness. But maybe Lerissa's heal skill can help alleviate some of her symptoms.

[sblock=Mike]I'll let you roll this skill check.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC - All]Also wanted to remind everyone that we should have recovered a point of healing last night, is that correct Mike? Lerissa would have recovered 2?[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Cooking would be either a craft (for the untrained) or a Profession (for the trained). :p[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Where I come from, everyone works for the tribe, except the elders, who have already done their share. I think that would work good here. We have water, and a bit of food. We need a good shelter. Maybe we can find a cave near here. Or maybe we have to make one. Nobody is woodmaker here? Ok, then that probably is too hard. We could still do something I think...' Auron says, thinking aloud.

"Hey, we got more light still, why don't some of us go and do some more exploring?" he adds.

OOC: In the tv show Survivor they usually come up with a 1/2 decent structure (assuming they do it and the producers don't have someone set it up for them) with mostly untrained people...maybe we could do something like that? Of course, exploring should be a higher priority.

Rhun

First Post
"I am for exploring the island. And I think we should move our camp to the coast as soon as everyone is rested. That will make it easier to find should anyone get lost."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Yes in the morning we should move on Abraxis," Leaf says not looking at Auron.

"Setting up any kind of camp here would be folly." he says a little louder than necessary.

OOC: Sorry renau1g nothing personal just playing the character, hope he grows out of it.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

"I am for exploring the island. And I think we should move our camp to the coast as soon as everyone is rested. That will make it easier to find should anyone get lost."

"I feel we should make camp depending on where we decide to go next, making it near the coast could cause a lot of undue stress on those already exhausted. I would also guess the food might be scarcer there, not to mention the lack of freshwater. But I will bow to the group's desire...in this case."

Remove ads