PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Sorry, I thought I'd mentioned that the scale bar on the OP map is wrong. The OP map is from the Map Pack (it's prettier) but for some reason they used a different scale bar. One of many disappointments I had with it. I haven't gotten around to replacing the scale bar with the correct one. Here's a map with the correct scale bar. The distance on this bar is two miles, making it between three and four miles from stream head to cove.

OOC: You had said that the island was 7 times larger than the scale shown, so I multiplied the 2000 by 7 and came up with 14,000 feet from stream head to cove, which was 2.65 miles. :D Its all good...4 miles isn't THAT much further, and it just shows Abraxis can't read a map worth a damn! Either way it will be a decent hike!

renau1g

First Post
"The cove will probably have some easier fishing in it also, or perhaps some shellfish? Either way it is a fine suggestion." Auron says, but gestures to Leaf to follow and walks away from camp but within eyesight, leaving his weapon behind.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Leaf catches Auron's actions and looks dubious at the human standing off from the camp. He waits a moment than sighs knowing what he should do but not liking it one bit.

He throws his large dagger in the dirt and leaves the trident and net lying about as well.

He approaches the human slowly trying to catch his mood and when he is within a few feet he folds his arms and uses his full height to advantage to seem to tower over the man. "What?" his demeanor says though Leaf himself says nothing.

mleibrock

First Post
Leaf catches Auron's actions and looks dubious at the human standing off from the camp. He waits a moment than sighs knowing what he should do but not liking it one bit.

He throws his large dagger in the dirt and leaves the trident and net lying about as well.

He approaches the human slowly trying to catch his mood and when he is within a few feet he folds his arms and uses his full height to advantage to seem to tower over the man. "What?" his demeanor says though Leaf himself says nothing.

Nice role play Holyman!!

renau1g

First Post
Auron stares up at the goliath, apparently unperturbed by the giant's size. "Look Leaf, you got a chip on your shoulder and I can't figure it out. You gotta problem with me? Let's settle this here and now. We're in a pretty tough spot here and we got a better chance to live if we work together. In my tribe if you can't trust the person on the hunt with you, you didn't go. I don't know you much yet like my brothers, but during out battle against those crabs you proved your bravery and your fishing showed your worth there as well. I do know you are more useful to our group than some of the others, some of them require us to hunt for them, provide for them, protect them. If we can't work together Leaf, they, and likely us, will all die. I will let you decide your path as we must all walk our own road" Auron says calmly, it's the most he's spoken since Leaf's seen him, and turns around and walks back towards camp.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Left with no retort and no one to retort to Leaf's head races at the words.

In my tribe if you can't trust the person on the hunt with you, you didn't go.

If you don't become one of us how can we trust you? If you don't you don't go. Hek-ath said the first night Leaf was taken on a raid. That night he joined the Creu-la'dith, the Shadow Boys. Was Auron like him? Were his people the same as Leaf's with the only difference being in appearances?

Leaf shook himself, there are different humans some good, some not. Auron was a northerner and they were murderous slavers, no a few words would not be enough.

But unknown to Leaf the seed of friendship was there though planted deep. And maybe if nurtured right it would grow deep roots.

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis spares a glance in Auron and Leaf's direction, just to make sure there were no problems. Turning back to consider the map, the aasimar looks up at Lerissa. "We should get a solid night's rest tonight, and start early tomorrow. The distance isn't great, but we've already seen that the terrain and environment here are anything but friendly."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Excellent RP, everyone! Y'all are taking to the sandbox perfectly! Sounds like the plan is to rest up here for the remainder of the day and night, then strike out for the cove tomorrow?[/sblock]

Remove ads