PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

mleibrock

First Post
Abraxis spares a glance in Auron and Leaf's direction, just to make sure there were no problems. Turning back to consider the map, the aasimar looks up at Lerissa. "We should get a solid night's rest tonight, and start early tomorrow. The distance isn't great, but we've already seen that the terrain and environment here are anything but friendly."

As Abraxis and Lerissa's gaze meet, she feels odd. Why is everyone in such a damn hurry to leave this area? And why is no one else concerned that the others in the party who are ill might not be well enough to travel? She is struggling with her own sense of humanity because to be quite honest, she didn't think she really had this in her. Maybe it's the sense of "we were all duped so it bonds us". She's hoping that's it. Feeling her frustration bubble up in her, she lashes out verbally at the aasimar.

"You know what, why don't you guys just go on. I think there are some of us here who are not yet up to traveling and I for one am not going to push them beyond their limits."

[sblock=Mike]I'm hoping by sticking up for those who are sick might allow another diplomacy roll. If so, can you roll for her?[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Leaf was heading back to the fire in a daze he is suddenly jolted out it by Lerissa's barking at Abraxis. Looking at the tiefling he doesn't understand this new "motherish" person but is thankful that she just gave him an opening.

"Why? What's wrong Lerissa are you not feeling well?" He asks with genuine concern. Although it isn't her health that he is truly questioning. "You know if you feel even slightly unwell you should let someone know. That goes for everyone." He says slightly turning to the group. "One person sick could become two or three overnight. And what of the watch if your to sick to pay close attention that could be more fatal than the sickness."

The goliath walks over to the tiefling and asks, "So are you well or are you speaking about someone else?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Mike]I'm hoping by sticking up for those who are sick might allow another diplomacy roll. If so, can you roll for her?[/sblock]

[sblock=Mike]Each of you can take one diplomacy check 'vs.' each NPC/Day; I like that you're role-playing it, that makes the story better. Got to get ready for a birthday party in a few so I don't have time to figure out how folks are going to respond, but if you'll put up an RP post to let me know which one(s) specifically you're targeting I'll make the rolls and post responses when I get some time (likely this evening).[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
As Leaf was heading back to the fire in a daze he is suddenly jolted out it by Lerissa's barking at Abraxis. Looking at the tiefling he doesn't understand this new "motherish" person but is thankful that she just gave him an opening.

"Why? What's wrong Lerissa are you not feeling well?" He asks with genuine concern. Although it isn't her health that he is truly questioning. "You know if you feel even slightly unwell you should let someone know. That goes for everyone." He says slightly turning to the group. "One person sick could become two or three overnight. And what of the watch if your to sick to pay close attention that could be more fatal than the sickness."

The goliath walks over to the tiefling and asks, "So are you well or are you speaking about someone else?"

The tiefling looks at the goliath, puzzled. She considers his words and realizes her thoughts must have broken through in actions. Angry she has revealed part of herself without really meaning to, a cold look comes over her face and Leaf nearly feels the chill in her eyes. She looks hard at him yet says nothing more.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!

The 'other' castaways look up as the Goliath speaks. Jask, Sasha and Gelik all reassure Leaf that they are feeling as well as can be expected given the circumstances, but Aerys is plainly not feeling well and just as plainly trying to hide it. A slow flush creeps up her neck and face at Leaf's final words.

OOC: You'll want to take a look at my comments in the OOC thread before responding to this.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Leaf walks to stand over the silent Aerys. He tries not to loom but it is hard given his height. Gently he says to her, "It is okay to be sick Aerys. There is no way to stop from catching something so you can never be at fault. But it isn't okay to hide it when you don't have to."

He looks her in the eyes as he continues to show he isn't trying to be judgmental. "I will help you or anyone if they are in need, no questions asked or judgment passed. I just need to know that someone isn't well. And it plainly seems you are not."

He takes his gaze away from hers as he looks to the ground, "Please allow me to help you," he asks still looking down.

[sblock=OOC] Was waiting for someone with a better Diplomacy than Leaf to go first. :p[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis ignores Lerissa's comment about leaving the rest of the group, knowing it would be better to wait until morning. Seeing Leaf approach Aerys, Abraxis stands and walks over to join him.

He smiles gently at her. "Aerys, as the hours pass it becomes obvious that you are suffering. Even my thick-skulled friend her can see it," he jokes, clapping the Goliath on the shoulder, and giving him a wink to show he is joking. "Lead is skilled as a healer. It would be well if you'd let him help you."

OOC: Sorry guys, a +7 isn't bad for 1st level...but it ain't all that great either! A successful aid another would get us to a 15 if someone wants to try helping. HolyMan?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Leaf looks a little embarrassed under the praise. "I can heal her," the big goliath says cheeks turning red. "And by Gozreh's beard I will see everyone safely through this."

Last edited:

Remove ads