• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Possible big changes ahead to the MCU?

Ryujin

Legend
Avengers characters can have cameos in the X-Men universe.
X-Men characters can have cameos in the Avenger's universe.

Then, the next BIG film would be an X-Men versus the Avengers!

It wouldn't be the first time. I used to own this issue (before my brother started secretly selling off my collection). They did it again in 2012.

Attachments

• avengers-avengers-vs-x-men-poster-13146.jpg
    avengers-avengers-vs-x-men-poster-13146.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 773
Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Dumb that they can't use the name, but I am totally fine with there not being a huge group of mutants with their own mutant hero team fighting the good fight (and their own mutant villain group fighting against them).

They already had two mutants in a MCU movie and couldn't refer to them as such.

Although the MCU has started down the Fear of <s>Mutant</s>nhumans road via the Sokovia Accords and the WatchDogs Group in Agents of SHIELD.

I agree though that the X-Men should be kept as a distinct franchise/Universe although I suspect that Marvel would be more interested in the cherrypicking potential of having Wolverine or Storm appear in the Avengers line up (not to mention my favourite Cannonball) rather than a full-on shared universe or Avengers v X-Men showcase

Deadpool meets Spider-man, Wolverine with SHIELD / Nick Fury, I doubt a mega cross-over would happen.

Remove ads