Possum's d20 Modern: Fallout part 1

Walking Dad

First Post
Winston

"Making fire is nearly the first topic in any survival handbook." Winston explains as he goes to work, looking for stones to secure a fire place and easily ignitable stuff.

OOC: takes 10 to light a fire on a survival check. He will try to make it as smokeless and save as possible.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alicia's teeth start chattering as she reaches into the back pack and hands the matches to Winston and the portable stove to Chase. She says wryly, "These might help. There are some instruction manuals in the back as well if you need."

She removes the water purifier and sets it out, before returning to wrap her arms back around her knees. She asks, "Anyone remember where the river is?"

<<OOC: Are we still close to the river so a short walk can deal with the water situation, or is it a good hike away now?>>

Alicia2-small.png
Alicia’s CS

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alicia's shivers, "W-w-with the river a g-g-good half hour or more a-a-away, w-w-what do you guys w-w-want to do about it?"

<<OOC: I think you need some sort of tools to do crafting, or at least some raw materials to craft tools first.>>

Alicia2-small.png
Alicia’s CS

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Damn it's cold here. Ain't there something to burn?" Isaias wanders around the shelter, looking for something suitable to burn.

OOC: Isaias got some tools from the Vault I think. They are in the backpack. Taking 20 on a search (27)

Felix1459

First Post
"Why don't we just use some of the water we have and get some more when it's light out?" Chase suggests.

OOC: Did I miss the part where it was stated by the GM that it was actually cold? Just asking because I'd feel real silly to find out that it's actually summertime.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Actually I am not sure we ever got water. The canteens were empty at the start. But I am certainly in favor having it done retroactively. :angel:

As for it being cold, it may not be that cold actually. But Alicia is a woman in a damp cave after sweaty exertion. It is in the middle of the night in Missouri. She is starting to shiver, but I doubt the men are cold. They didn't carry the backpack for the last few hours and well... they are men. ;)

It could as high as 75 degrees (24 degree Celsius) and she will begin to shiver. After the disagreements I have with my wife over air conditioning, I have found this to be pretty accurate.

However, I never intended this to be more than RP flavor and didn't expect you guys to jump on board thinking we needed to fight off hypothermia. :p[/sblock]

possum

First Post
OOC: I'm going to say that it's late spring, as I don't want to spring a Missouri winter, even post apocalyptic on you guys at the moment. To tell the truth, I don't think winter's were really covered in Fallout Tactics. Lemme check the Bible. Well, the only mention of winters in the Fallout Bible was a vague reference to a Great Winter in 2173, as well as Avellone and fans musing about nucleur winter. I'm going to say that there will be a somewhat traditional winter.

As for what temperature it is right now, I'm going to say low 70s. It'll be kind of chilly, but probably not enough to worry about.

As for water, give me a Survival check if someone wants to go out and forage.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alicia's continues to hug herself, "M-m-maybe you guys can find s-s-some w-w-water closer. Th-th-the canteens are em-em-empty."

<<So we need a Survival roll for the water and a search for firewood, take 10 on both? Then we can have this stuff completed and move along. Correct?>>

Alicia2-small.png
Alicia’s CS

Last edited:

Remove ads