• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Possum's d20 Modern: Fallout part 1

possum

First Post
Isias is able to find some good pieces of scrap metal in the area, but most aren't all that large.

The rest of the night is thankfully uneventful. The wind blows across the wasteland, stirring up a small amount of dust. Soon, a bright light begins to grow in the eastern sky; the illumination spreading throughout the entire land. It is the first time either of you have actually seen what the sun can do in your entire lives.

As early morning begins to come, the light begins to get extremely uncomfortable to your eyes.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alicia, with the recuperative powers of youth, is bright eyed during her watch and marvels at the first sunrise. Having never seen anything of the sort, she forgets about pretty much everything else. As it gets brighter, she looks around for those sunglasses from the survival kit, "Ahh. That's better. My eyes were starting to hurt."

Noticing the others were awakened by the brightness of day she says, "Mornin' boys. I am going to freshen up at the stream." She checks her pistol and then heads out keeping a watchful eye.

Alicia2-small.png
Alicia’s CS

Felix1459

First Post
"I'll come too. Best to use the buddy system right? Or should we all go?" either way Chase puts on the sunglasses as suggested and heads to the stream with Alicia. He stops and marvels at the sunrise and basks in the comforting warmth he's been missing all those years he was underground.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alicia, pauses at Winston's comments and says softly to Chase since he decided to come with, "Hmmm, let's bring the water purifier and the cook stove to heat the water."

She retrieves the items and then continues on to the stream. She asks, "Well what should we do next? And before you even ask me, I am not talking about goofing around in the water, I meant for after breakfast. Any ideas?"

Alicia2-small.png
Alicia’s CS

possum

First Post
The water purifier is able to bring down the radiation in the water to almost nothing, and it's likely the safest thing you'll be able to drink out in the wasteland. A small rodent runs about the perimeter of the camp, wondering what you are.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"We might as well continue exploring. I've found some useful scrap metal. I'm sure I can make something of it if I find more. Or bigger. Perhaps we might find some wrecked vehicle? I know there were all sorts of transportations back before the war." Isaias says

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alicia finishes her freshening up, letting Chase stand watch, looking everywhere else but at her washing. Then she will do the same for him.

When they return back to the others and hear Isaias's suggestion she responds, "Sounds like a goal. But before we strike off willy nilly, what are we going to do about our basic needs? Shelter, food, and water. If Winston's book learning is good we might be able to live off the land as we travel.

"But we can initially stay here and explore the vicinity using the cave as a base camp for a few days. Then we can search around while knowing we can potentially have a protected place to spend the night with a decent water supply. And during our exploration we might find another good spot to make into a base camp and explore that area."

Besides, we might want another look around those ruins in the daylight. There might be more to find back there."

Alicia2-small.png
Alicia’s CS

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yep. Sounds fine to me. Also there might be some people settlements somewhere, perhaps more friendly than our last encounter." notes the man, going through his last night's findings.

Walking Dad

First Post
Winston

"I like the further exploration from around a base camp idea. At least these raiders looked human. There might be a chance to encounter some decent people out here." Winston responds.

Remove ads