• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Possum's d20 Modern: Fallout part 1

Felix1459

First Post
"Sounds good to me too. So where do we start?" Chase says eagerly trying to occupy his mind ever since he stole a quick glance at Alicia while she freshened up. He had to keep himself occuppied so as not to let his mind wander and throw him off guard which seemed like something you didn't want to do out here.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alicia suggests, "Let's start with a spiral search today and walk straight towards the river for about 15 minutes. Then we head clockwise around this cave in a circle. Once we get back around we head towards the river again and repeat the circle. Those two loops will probably take the whole day while we forage for food at the same time."

"Sound good?.. Chase, what are you looking at?" She looks down to see if there is some dirt or foliage stuck to her jump suit.

Alicia2-small.png
Alicia’s CS

Felix1459

First Post
"Uh......" Chase pauses awkwardly "I thought I saw some dirt or something but I guess it was just the sun.......yeah....so let's get going on your plan then." Chase finishes his sentence quickly and then proceeds to forage (takes a 10 for a grand total of 11).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alicia nods as the others concur with her decision, "Well, let's do it then."

She shoulders the back pack again, intending to take the first shift carrying it. She will keep her eyes open letting Winston and Chase do the foraging while she remains vigilant for dangers.

<<Not sure what we should be doing, Possum. Taking care of the basics appears to be well in hand, but we don't have much direction other than exploring.>>

Alicia2-small.png
Alicia’s CS

possum

First Post
As you rise over a hill, you see a fetid mass of what appears to have once been water. The once mighty Missouri River now flows slowly along its banks, its waters dark and smelly due to the pollution from the nuclear fallout from long ago. A mutated fish, about the size of a pre-war radio, leaps out of the water before splashing down.

If you get too close to the water, the Gieger counter on your Pip-Boys starts to warn you of the higher-than-normal radiation level of the water.

On the other bank of the river, you see that the land is pretty much the same. The wasteland is the wasteland, even along what was once fertile farmland.

[sblock=Alicia & Isias]
You two catch a quick glint of something metallic that is moving on the far bank.[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alicia takes one look at the polluted river in the daylight after the Pip-Boy goes off and says, "I am not going in there if I can help it. If we need to cross the river, we will need to find a way to do it while keeping dry. I think I saw pictures of vehicles that go on water and structures that can span across. Perhaps we will find some later."

Unless the others offer any changes in plan, she will gesture that they continue their spiral exploration around the cave.

Alicia2-small.png
Alicia’s CS

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads