• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Post here if you ARE going to 4E!

KingCrab

First Post
Wormwood said:
I think "maybe's" belong in this thread instead.

Hmmm. Is there a reason these three threads are all up and next to each other?

Post here if you ARE going to 4E!
A Thread For Those Somewhere In The Middle
Not going to 4e?

Sounds like a conspiracy to split us and keep us from fighting take our stuff?

Rechan

Adventurer
KingCrab said:
Hmmm. Is there a reason these three threads are all up and next to each other?
Reduce infighting. Lets the positive people be positive/negative people be negative without fighting between. :)

Midknightsun

Explorer
I'm switching to 4e, and short of it being some sort of unholy abomination, I think it'll be fun. Having DM'ed several 3.5 campaigns, and still recovering from the burnout, I too was seriously considering just not gaming at all for a while. 3e was fun in a lot of ways, but I'm ready to move on (as in, I want my 4e books yesterday!).

Rykaar

First Post
I'll buy the books, and like all other editions, will mine the good stuff, dump the bad stuff, and houserule the gaps. What excites me more about 4e than previous editions did is at the inception, it SEEMS like it's going to require less house ruling because it's more in line with my group's working definition of high fantasy.

Of course, I kinda thought the same of 3e before I actually started reading it. Even then I was enthusiastic with most of the changes--I just didn't feel it went nearly far enough. Finally killing off Vancian magic is the tipping point. Speculation runs the gamut on this forum regarding that issue, and frankly it's the litmus test for 4e's success in my mind: can they kill Vance's shadow fully and offer a solid alternative? I want to believe they can.

A'koss

Explorer
Yeah, I'm definitely enthused with the direction they seem to be going here. Many of the changes have been things I've been clamoring about for a long time, so unless they bork it in implementation :lol: , I'm definitely in.

Saint&Sinner

Explorer
I personally hope its a major improvement since its a lot easier to find players for D&D than the smaller games. I haven't run D&D since AD&D and I am excited about what I'm hearing. I will definitely buy it and if fun will run it for my group. D&D will get the same chance to be run long term as my other games.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Count me in, with bells on. I like all the changes, both fluff and crunch, that I have heard, mostly.

I've started implementing some changes in my 3.5e (11 avg lv) game to streamline things and I am much happier for it. 4e sounds like a real DM-edition, a lot of focus has gone into freeing up DM time so we can do what were are suppose to be doing and setting the tone, feeding players the story and let the players get on with trying to destroy the story...

thundershot

Adventurer
Well, let's see.. my choices are: Go 4E (which looks really great right now) or continue the current path... which is NOT playing 3.5 because the characters are near epic and combat takes freaking FOREVER and there's just so much resource management.. blah blah blah. We haven't gamed in MONTHS because it got so bogged down it wasn't fun anymore.

Bring on 4E, I say! :D

Chris

Remove ads