• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Post here if you ARE going to 4E!

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
Probably, yes, because I'm more disillusioned with 3.5 than what I know about 4.

Really, must we persist with this labelling though? Must we take sides? Form camps? Fight?

OakwoodDM

First Post
Probably, provided when we try out Keep on the Shadowfell we like it. I'm optimistic because I like what I've seen so far, and just hope it lives up to the promise and my friends see it in the same light.

kennew142

First Post
My group of longtime players (most of our group have been together since 1980) is switching to 4e at the earliest opportunity. We are currently wrapping up two FR campaigns, two Greyhawk campaign and two Eberron campaigns in anticipation of starting fresh with the new system. [We play twice a week with rotating GMs].

Our only concern is being able to find enough Eberron info to convert the currently 4th level campaign to the new edition. We do not want to be playing 3.5 once the new edition comes out.

With the exception of certain naming conventions (Golden Wyvern Adepts and Purple Monkey Warriors ;) ), we've been enthusiastic about every change we've heard of - including the changes to FR.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Yep. I'll lay my hands on the Gift Set as soon as humanely possible. I plan to recreate our huge Dungeon of Doom, which has run on conventions all over Sweden, claiming the lives of around 800 heroes.

For 4e, we're making it more dynamic and deadlier, and will use minis more extensively. Should make for a high profile game!

Although I'm not sure why anyone is interested? :\

/M

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I'd start my 4E Barsaive campaign now if I could. I feel like I'm going through the motions with 3E. Before the annoucement of 4E, I found myself wondering earlier this summer if I even wanted to play D&D (or any RPG) anymore.

Simon Marks

First Post
I'm going to buy 4e, but that's as much as I'm willing to say.

If it's fun to play, we'll play it.

However it is worth pointing out that we may well also play 3.5 at the same time in exactly the same way we play both the Old World of Darkness and the New World of Darkness at the same time.

Remove ads