• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Post here if you're a PATHFINDER RPG fan!

Weather Report

Banned
Banned
I dig Pathfinder, I have just joined a new PF group, but I find it still has too much of the 3rd Ed baggage that I got burned out on (I DMed it consistently for 3 years), I am currently looking at a PF/3rd Ed Light (with bits from other editions).

Zil

Explorer
Yep, Pathfinder fan here.

I currently run a weekly Pathfinder game for four players and play in another semi-weekly Pathfinder game. Our group has been using Pathfinder since the final Alpha rules document and have been quite pleased with Pathfinder.

I read the boards both here and over at the Paizo mother-ship, but I tend to read the forums here on EN-World more often.

Mallus

Legend
As a player, I'm a Pathfinder fan. It reminded me there were things I really liked about building/running 3e-style characters.

As a DM, I'm currently... much less of a Pathfinder fan. Right now my thought is: Pathfinder offers players a great deal, but not so much for the person on the other side of the screen. I'd much rather run AD&D/2e.

Imaro

Legend
Though I'm not currently playing it, I am definitely a Pathfinder fan and will be back running it sooner or later.

Ramaster

Adventurer
I am.

I play every weekend and in between weeks when my group can.

I have the Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Equipment, the Game Mastery Guide, the Advanced Race Guide, NPC Codex, Bestiaries 1, 2 and 3.

On August I am planning to get Ultimate Campaign and Mythic Adventures (if MA doesn't get pushed back, as it probably will) and that will get me up to date on my collection (I try to get all the non-Golarion specific rulebooks).

Great game.

brunswick

First Post
Big Pathfinder fan. Stopped playing 3.5 when 4th Edition came along but both myself and my gaming group(s) got tired of 4th Ed and we switched to Pathfinder and havent looked back. Great System.

Starfox

Hero
I like Pathfinder, but it is Pazio and their adventures I really like. I also run my homebrew side-by-side, and I must say I still have the same verdict on Pathfinder as I had on 3.5 - its good to play in. but I'd never want to stat up an NPC in it. It is just too rules-heavy to really be my perfect system. Thankfully, http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ and the tools there pretty much sort that problem for me.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
On August I am planning to get Ultimate Campaign and Mythic Adventures (if MA doesn't get pushed back, as it probably will)
Why are you assuming that it will be pushed back? It's their big Gen Con release, I'm sure that they don't want to push it back. From my subscription page, it looks like that it will be shipped in August regularly.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
And to reply to the OT, I'm a huge Paizo fan. PF is not perfect (but which game is?), but it's a very nice evolution of 3.5. I rather like the adventure material (even though at times the plot can get too convoluted for its own good) and I absolutely love Golarion.

I like to play a variety of games, but PF is certainly one of them. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads