D&D 5E Post your oldest PC!

Sacrosanct

Legend
Skim ih tar.

That one too.

Oh! And for the record, it's drow as in "ow". Not "oh" ;)

And I need to make an addendum. That character sheet I posted in the OP was definitely not one of the first PCs I had. I had been playing for about 2 years by that point it seems. That character was one I created in 1983, after seeing the debut of A Team. Hence the name ;) For years I thought it was always one of my very first, but I guess he came about a bit later.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Another major mispronunciation I often hear is "fungi". As in, "fun gee". It's "fun guy". The next PC I'm creating is going to be named Worcestershire. :D I don't think there's another word in the English language with more accepted pronunciations.

And is "gif" "jiff" or "gif"? ;)

Wulffolk

Explorer
It was the summer of 1980, while on a Boy Scout camping trip, that i was introduced to D&D. There was a DM and at least a dozen of more boys at the picnic table. They were already in the middle of an adventure. They had me copy the character sheet of the kid next to me. If i remember correctly it was a 9th level Cleric. None of the stats or abbreviations made any sense to me. I was not even given the chance to look at a book.

I had just finished copying the sheet, and had not even chosen a name yet, when the group shoved my character towards a door and pushed me into a room. In that room was a Succubus, which the older DM went into great details describing how she shredded my "manhood" with the rows of razor fangs in in her . . . Well, use your imagination. It was quite an eye-opening introduction to D&D for a 10 year old boy in the age before the internet.

So, when I hear people describe how wholesome the Boy Scouts are, or what a good influence they can be for teaching values, I can't help but laugh. Anyways, though my Cleric had no name, lasted less than 15 minutes, and took not a single action in game, he certainly was memorable.

If my mother had known what immature asses those Boy Scouts had been she might not have encouraged me to play D&D and bought so many books for me. I know she saw it as a way to encourage me to read and practice math skills.

Long live D&D!

Draegn

Explorer
My first character was Tasha the half elf assassin. "Paladin killer (sorry no dual rapier wielding gnomes), lying, manipulative, deceitful and murderous wench". At seventh level, someone perhaps Malcanthet (no one really knew) took her away to become someone or thing "greater".

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
My first character was Tasha the half elf assassin. "Paladin killer (sorry no dual rapier wielding gnomes), lying, manipulative, deceitful and murderous wench". At seventh level, someone perhaps Malcanthet (no one really knew) took her away to become someone or thing "greater".

... as in she of the hideous laughter?!? :O :O :O

Remove ads