D&D 5E Post your pictures of your favorite Libraries here! (Candlekeep inspiration)

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Throw in pictures of the coolest libraries you know. Outside or inside. Drawings or photos. Fantastic or realistic. Heck, it may be your own games library!

Inspiration for Candlekeep play...
Sure, I could use Pinterest and other locations. But why should I?

I'll kick us off:
1610510987101.png

1610511044033.png

darjr

I crit!
Oh crap what a great idea!!!!
mine has to be the Library of Alexandria
444585B5-D0E4-4CEA-B4B3-02D01495FDB0.jpeg

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Not the most beautiful library on earth, but the small, intimate Stevenson Library at UC Santa Cruz was both the quietest place I have ever been and my favorite nap spot.

stevenson library.jpg

Now take that picture, and add a thick fog on a cold night, streetlights glowing and a stack of mythology textbooks in front of you... and your eyes... slowly... drifting... shut...

Retreater

Legend
As a professional librarian, I do not have the fantastical view of them that many do. To me they are not mystical repositories or darkened fonts of knowledge. They are government buildings, like a Parks and Rec office. They are not mysterious. They are full of children playing, adults completing job applications, little old ladies getting romance novels.
The theme of Candlekeep is an instant mood killer for me. It's like having the adventurers be postal carriers.

The Long Room is a jaw-dropping sight, to be sure.

Scatter my ashes here, at Trinity College:

This is one of the sections of my local public library. The floors are translucent and have a faint illumination from the light below when it's dark:

1610650285272.png

And this was the local library in one of the places I grew up. I remember reading Endless Quest books and Poortvliet and Huygen's Gnomes there:

1610650402878.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases