• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Post your set piece battle pics!

Daern

Explorer
I've played and DMed a lot of TypeIV D&D, but I've gotten tired of it and been more interested in retroclones like DCCRPG lately. Nevertheless, I'm DMing a 4e game for some friends. This week I pulled out the old 3D battlemat trick. This is the best part of 4e for me, that I have ended up running quite alot of elaborate table battles. We always take pictures. Here's one from this evening. Post your table pics!
(fyi, I'm running the module "Orcs of Stonefang Pass". This was for the "fortress battle" sequence.)
2012-02-27

d2OKC

Explorer
What's the best way to show an image from Flickr? For some reason it's not working for me. (Is the best answer to host the images elsewhere?)

Anyway, here's a link to a few good ones we've used:

Chamber of Baphomet | Flickr - Photo Sharing! - A temple of Baphomet deep under the desert.

The Lucky Lady | Flickr - Photo Sharing! - The Lucky Lady, a ship the PCs helped rescue from invaders, and now the captain has offered them free usage of it any time.

Yora

Legend
Here's an old one from March 2010, taken just before an epic combat kicked off.

Nothing fancy, but IIRC the "pendulum" bridge worked like a charm :)
It looks just like a bunch of boxes and pieces of cardboard. But it looks like whatever will take place there will be amazing and pure awsome! :D

NewJeffCT

First Post
What's the best way to show an image from Flickr? For some reason it's not working for me. (Is the best answer to host the images elsewhere?)

Anyway, here's a link to a few good ones we've used:

Chamber of Baphomet | Flickr - Photo Sharing! - A temple of Baphomet deep under the desert.

The Lucky Lady | Flickr - Photo Sharing! - The Lucky Lady, a ship the PCs helped rescue from invaders, and now the captain has offered them free usage of it any time.

I've tried uploading pics before as well to enworld, and the last few times, it has not worked very well for me. Not sure why, either. So, if you get any tips, please let me know. I was able to do it in the past, but not lately.

D'karr

Adventurer
These are pictures of some of the "terrain" I've built over the years for set piece battles:

Magma Chamber 1:
Magma1.png

Magma Chamber 2:
Magma2.png

Magma Chamber 3:
Magma3.png

Goblin Temple:
UndergroundTomb_Play.png

Town Square:
Picture008r2.png

Inner Sanctum (Temple of the Frog):
TempleDiorama_TKeck.jpg

There are many more, unfortunately I don't get much of a chance to take pictures when I'm running the game.

NewJeffCT

First Post
OK, this big set piece is happening in game right now - we had to break mid combat because the players spent a couple of hours planning their attack:

The fort is 34" by 40", so is pretty big overall. The party landed in the corner and cut off one major access point via a Wall of Fire:

SetPieceFeb2012003.jpg

These are two shots of where the party landed via their flying phantom steeds. The party shaman is prone upon the walkway, having just gotten skewered by a ballista. The skull shield women are allies of the PCs.
SetPieceFeb2012005.jpg

SetPieceFeb2012001.jpg

Closeup picture of the goliath barbarian/warden on the walkway near a watchtower. The pink figure below is the mage/controller for the bad guys, while two warriors in front of her attack the party fighter & rogue.
SetPieceFeb2012004.jpg

Long view of the battle as some outlaws rush to aid their evil allies:
SetPieceFeb2012002.jpg

Remove ads