POTC type questions....

Mad Jack

First Post
Ahoy! First off, let me compliment the creators o' this here game! An excellent piece o' workmanship.

Now, my players are looking to start a new campaign, and want to do a POTC type thing. "Aha!" I sez, "I gots the perfect thing for that right here, I do." So of course, I show them all S&B. "Great!" sez they. Well to make a long tale short, I gets to be the master o' ceremonies this time 'round. What I be wonderin is this, mates. Has anyone tried to stat out POTC characters? I'm not so much concerned with Capt Jack or Will or Lizzie...no, I was wondering how you would make a S&B version of Davy Jones and Tia Dalma?

That be asked now, me other question is this, is there any thought to the idea of perhaps doing a POTC character supplement or something in an upcoming issue of B&B?

Keep the wind in yer sails, mates!

Last edited:

GMSkarka

Explorer
Yeah, pretty much ZERO chance of us doing POTC content without the license.

As far as your questions go -- take a look at how we wrote up some of the Djab in S&B. I would expect that Davy Jones would be a similar sort of thing. As far as Tia Dalma, she's a straightforward Hougan as presented in the rulebook.

Mad Jack

First Post
Aye, forgot that blasted licensing thing! Ignore the humble pirate behind the keyboard, heh.

Well, I'd like to think I'm not the only one looking for these influences though. Sooo, I think I found a good beastie for the Kraken, in Swashbuckling Adventures...The Great Grey. Its basically a MM Kraken on steroids with the intelligent bent we see portrayed.

You're right about Tia being a straight Hougan. What level would you think her to be around the time we see her? 15th perhaps?

Mr. Jones is throwing me however. I dont see him as a Djab per se. He did start out a man and isnt an entity or spirit that needs to manifest, he's still pretty much a flesh and blood, albeit scaly, character.

Lastly, that infamous ship with black sails....during it's curse phase...do you think a zombie or ghoul template would work? I know the crew would be skeletons, but what do you think for the ship? Also, I was thinking a lacedon (aquatic ghoul) template for Mr. Jones ship since we actually see it travel submerged.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Avast, Mad Jack!

I think it's your mission to post your Pirates of the Caribbean characters on here once you've statted them up!

Cheers

Richard

Remove ads