• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PR] Citizen Games...

Geoff

First Post
Strap on those spurs and dust off those chaps pardner, Sidewinder is moseyin' on over to the printin' press. The brass is being polished and we'll have the whole gang at Origins for the unveiling right there in the saloon.

But, I know some of you hombres might be hankerin' for a little look-see. So hot off the presses, we're giving you a little peak at what's in store.

Gunslinger Prestige Class

Annie Oakley (NPC)

JoeGKushner

First Post
I gotta be honest and just hope that it's better than their modules. Over at OgreCave, I and a few other reviewers have felt the sting of their modules. Of course opinions may vary and this is a different subject & setting altogether but the modules are not a good indication of things to come.

2WS-Steve

First Post
Hola Geoff,

I was looking at the Gunslinger prestige class and one of his abilities is to Threaten everything within the first range increment of his weapon. How does that work? Is it just like having reach out to the first RI so that anyone who moves, casts a spell, or fires a gun within RI provokes an AoO?

Geoff

First Post
2WS-Steve said:
Is it just like having reach out to the first RI so that anyone who moves, casts a spell, or fires a gun within RI provokes an AoO?

Yup, that's basically what the ability does. It let's you "cover" everyone within that first range increment. Some may think it's overkill, but if you live long enough to become a 10th level Gunslinger, you're one bad-ass dude.

Besdies, you just know Josey Wales is as bad as this anyway.

2WS-Steve

First Post
That's cool; he oughta' be bad news after all. I was thinking it would be convenient to have some suggestions for how to deal with people moving, casting spells, and firing guns under partial to full cover. Perhaps include them on the website?

Geoff

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
I gotta be honest and just hope that it's better than their modules. Over at OgreCave, I and a few other reviewers have felt the sting of their modules. Of course opinions may vary and this is a different subject & setting altogether but the modules are not a good indication of things to come.

Well, I can't vouch for any of the modules since I've neither seen nor worked on any of them. However, I will say that I think everyone will be pleased with Sidewinder.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
How did you resolve the problem of having to scrap Sidewinder's VP/WP over the WoTC legal entanglement?

I thought you couldn't copyright game mechanics?

Geoff

First Post
Kaptain_Kantrip said:
I thought you couldn't copyright game mechanics?

No, you can't copyright game mechanics, but when you publish a d20 product, you do so under a different set of rules. Basically you are agreeing to abide by what WOTC does and doen't allow.

Remove ads