PrC - Holy Voice (approved)

orsal

LEW Judge
I like the concept.

Shouldn't "Must have a patron deity" be a prerequisite, since the flavour doesn't make any sense without one?

Wik

First Post
I suppose it's addable, but really, isn't the fact that you need to be a paladin already mean that you need to have a patron deity?

B4cchus

Explorer
I like the abilites a lot better now. The only thing that still bugs me is that a paladin get's in for free.
Sure, you'd have to take the extra turning feat but you get weapon focus back for that (war domain) AND you get to use those extra turning attempts with your new nifty PrC abilites.
Even moreso: if extra turning isn't a prereq i see many Holy Voices taking the feat anyway!

Bront

The man with the probe
He doesn't get the domain ability, just extra spells.

Here's an interesting thought. Why not require 2 ranks in Perform: Sing or something like that? They're cross class, not too useful, and are a big cost for a class that has 2 skill points per level.

Wik

First Post
I kind of thought Exta Turning was a drawback already, but I could add a skill prereq. Sing isn't exactly how I see these guys, though. I sort of thought Know (Religion) was already hitting a paladin pretty hard.

What about adding Language (Celestial) to the requirements? It's two extra skill points, hurting a class that already has precious few skill points. And it fits the class pretty well.

Trouvere

Explorer
I came within an ace of suggesting that this afternoon, so it must be a brilliant idea. Of course a Holy Voice should speak Celestial!

Bront

The man with the probe
FYI, since KN: Religion synergizes with Turn Undead, it's far from a throw away skill in this particular case.

Remove ads