WotBS Pre-order your WotBS hardcover now and save $25 on the full price!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do you have an estimated release date and price for the b&w version? And will it contain the full hardcover, just without those beautiful maps and pictures in color?

We haven't really started planning the b/w version yet - other than to say that yes, we will definitely do one.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Yikes! For $175, it would have to come with fold-out battlemaps for all the encounters too for it to be worth paying the price. I already bought the whole saga on PDF and it really isn't that expensive for me to print it out myself if I were to do it in B&W. Heck, I could do the whole thing in full color on my own printer for that price, possibly lower.

I realize Paizo is a larger publishing entity and thus can defray the expenses of a print run more easily than EN Publishing, but their AP only cost $60 for a full-color hardback and it sounds like about the same amount of material for 1/3 the price. I would find it hard to justify spending this much on an AP hardback unless I were swimming in money, which I am not. Not that the WotBS is not a cool campaign. I just find the hardback price tag a bit cost-prohibitive for the public at-large.

Not that the WotBS is not a cool campaign. I just find the hardback price tag a bit cost-prohibitive for the public at-large.
Absolutely correct.

However, its not intended for the public at large, just for those people who want a stunning, full colour "luxury" hardback version. Unfortunately, this is what that kind of RPG book costs.

When I get mine it is certainly not going anywhere near my gaming table. (Well, maybe one time so I can show the guys my name is in it :cool:)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yikes! For $175, it would have to come with fold-out battlemaps for all the encounters too for it to be worth paying the price. I already bought the whole saga on PDF and it really isn't that expensive for me to print it out myself if I were to do it in B&W. Heck, I could do the whole thing in full color on my own printer for that price, possibly lower.

I realize Paizo is a larger publishing entity and thus can defray the expenses of a print run more easily than EN Publishing, but their AP only cost $60 for a full-color hardback and it sounds like about the same amount of material for 1/3 the price. I would find it hard to justify spending this much on an AP hardback unless I were swimming in money, which I am not. Not that the WotBS is not a cool campaign. I just find the hardback price tag a bit cost-prohibitive for the public at-large.

Yup, we said that from the start (although it is a much, much larger book than SCAP). Folks still wanted us to do it, so we went ahead.

You might find the b/w version more tempting - it'll be much, much cheaper. That one's more aimed at "the public at large"; this one's the super-luxury item.

Last edited:

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
Done! Thanks for making it so easy to order, I've been hit and miss keeping track of the threads to find out when I could, so finding the link so easily accessible was very useful.

Will you be following up with a shipping notice when the book heads out? Thanks again! :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Done! Thanks for making it so easy to order, I've been hit and miss keeping track of the threads to find out when I could, so finding the link so easily accessible was very useful.

Will you be following up with a shipping notice when the book heads out? Thanks again! :)

Absolutely, along with a post here and an announcement on the news page!

Remove ads