• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS Pre-order your WotBS hardcover now and save $25 on the full price!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do you have an estimated release date and price for the b&w version? And will it contain the full hardcover, just without those beautiful maps and pictures in color?

We haven't really started planning the b/w version yet - other than to say that yes, we will definitely do one.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Yikes! For $175, it would have to come with fold-out battlemaps for all the encounters too for it to be worth paying the price. I already bought the whole saga on PDF and it really isn't that expensive for me to print it out myself if I were to do it in B&W. Heck, I could do the whole thing in full color on my own printer for that price, possibly lower.

I realize Paizo is a larger publishing entity and thus can defray the expenses of a print run more easily than EN Publishing, but their AP only cost $60 for a full-color hardback and it sounds like about the same amount of material for 1/3 the price. I would find it hard to justify spending this much on an AP hardback unless I were swimming in money, which I am not. Not that the WotBS is not a cool campaign. I just find the hardback price tag a bit cost-prohibitive for the public at-large.

Not that the WotBS is not a cool campaign. I just find the hardback price tag a bit cost-prohibitive for the public at-large.
Absolutely correct.

However, its not intended for the public at large, just for those people who want a stunning, full colour "luxury" hardback version. Unfortunately, this is what that kind of RPG book costs.

When I get mine it is certainly not going anywhere near my gaming table. (Well, maybe one time so I can show the guys my name is in it :cool:)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yikes! For $175, it would have to come with fold-out battlemaps for all the encounters too for it to be worth paying the price. I already bought the whole saga on PDF and it really isn't that expensive for me to print it out myself if I were to do it in B&W. Heck, I could do the whole thing in full color on my own printer for that price, possibly lower.

I realize Paizo is a larger publishing entity and thus can defray the expenses of a print run more easily than EN Publishing, but their AP only cost $60 for a full-color hardback and it sounds like about the same amount of material for 1/3 the price. I would find it hard to justify spending this much on an AP hardback unless I were swimming in money, which I am not. Not that the WotBS is not a cool campaign. I just find the hardback price tag a bit cost-prohibitive for the public at-large.

Yup, we said that from the start (although it is a much, much larger book than SCAP). Folks still wanted us to do it, so we went ahead.

You might find the b/w version more tempting - it'll be much, much cheaper. That one's more aimed at "the public at large"; this one's the super-luxury item.

Last edited:

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
Done! Thanks for making it so easy to order, I've been hit and miss keeping track of the threads to find out when I could, so finding the link so easily accessible was very useful.

Will you be following up with a shipping notice when the book heads out? Thanks again! :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Done! Thanks for making it so easy to order, I've been hit and miss keeping track of the threads to find out when I could, so finding the link so easily accessible was very useful.

Will you be following up with a shipping notice when the book heads out? Thanks again! :)

Absolutely, along with a post here and an announcement on the news page!

Remove ads