Pathfinder 2E Pre-orders Open for Pathfinder Plushies from WizKids and KidRobot

Phunny Plush toys for Tuku and Gourd Leshy coming in Octobert

PFPlushies.png

Pre-orders are open for a pair of plushies from Pathfinder coming later this year from WizKids and KidRobot. On the left in the picture above is the Gourd Leshy:

Check out this next addition in our collection of Pathfinder plush! The Gourd Leshy is one of a number of nature spirits granted material form by a druid or similarly powerful magic user. Though they are independent, many leshies form strong bonds with their creators. This Gourd Leshy wants to join you on your adventures! This adorable plush companion sits at 7" tall and is made with the softest premium materials and lots of love.

On the right, we have Tuku from Mwangi Expanse:

Check out this next addition in our collection of Pathfinder plush! Tuku used to be Ija's imaginary friend, inspired by drawings that her mother did for her when she was a child that she took joy in coloring . However, on one particular outing, Ija got separated from her class and her visions of Tuku became real as he manifested at her side. Now Tuku is ready to accompany you on the journey ahead! This adorable plush companion sits at over 8” tall and is made with the softest premium materials and lots of love.

Each plush figure will be 7" tall and made of soft premium materials. You can pre-order the Tuku and Gourd Leshy Phunny Plush toys from WizKids for $16.99 each for an October 2024 release.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

At risk of being “that guy”, how come I don’t see more people in this hobby calling out WizKids (just one example, but a good one) for cranking out ever more plastic junk every year? We’re in a slow-motion ecological catastrophe and yet this formerly low-environmental-impact hobby is now awash in useless merchandise.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
At risk of being “that guy”, how come I don’t see more people in this hobby calling out WizKids (just one example, but a good one) for cranking out ever more plastic junk every year? We’re in a slow-motion ecological catastrophe and yet this formerly low-environmental-impact hobby is now awash in useless merchandise.
"Junk?" These are clearly valuable collector's items! Why else would someone want to pre-order them? Quickly, before supplies run out!

Because "don't make little plastic toys" is a pretty weird thing to say to a toy company that makes little plastic toys and expect any sort of response.

Look, I get it, my niece used to get those LOL surprise balls and the amount of waste in those was pretty disgusting. They can cut down on plastic in packaging, and most companies have. The blind buy boxes are at least cardboard. But people want to see a mini they are buying if it is an individual figure. A picture/render doesnt really convey what the actual figure looks like, particularly when scale is all over the place.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I get the sentiment when I take my recyclables and trash to the recycle center and see all the cardboard going in the land fill compared to the people that put it in the recycle dumpster. It’s only 20’ away from the trash one but if they can’t make that walk, they could care less about ordering these or anything that strikes their fancy…ecological blind to the impacts apparently.

Abstruse

Legend
It just strikes me as odd to attack "licensed TTRPG collectibles" for the ecological impact of plastics. It's like blaming one grain of sand going into the ocean for the erosion problem of the entire beach. If WizKids went out of business right now, the impact on the environment would be negligible compared to the entire rest of the whole economy of the entire planet and their reliance on selling bits of plastic. Any other analogy doesn't really work because it's nonsensical based on scale. It would be like the CEO of Exxon personally coming in a private plane to shout at me and me alone for using air conditioning because of my carbon footprint.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
t risk of being “that guy”, how come I don’t see more people in this hobby calling out WizKids (just one example, but a good one) for cranking out ever more plastic junk every year? We’re in a slow-motion ecological catastrophe and yet this formerly low-environmental-impact hobby is now awash in useless merchandise.
I'd suggest looking at Squishmallows if you're going to start tilting at windmills here. A product line that sells several orders of magnitude more than this one. But then, I am a fan of cute gaming stuffed animals with a daughter who likes them much more than I do.

Remove ads

Remove ads