Critical Role Predictions on Characters for Critical Role Campaign 3?

jgsugden

Legend
Yeah, yeah - we can all get a life.

Anyone else want to speculate on the PCs that the CR group will play for Campaign 3 (Starting October 21)? Of course our guesses will almost all be way off base, but this is just for fun. My guesses:

• Marisha - Duergar Paladin of Vengeance. I think she'll be looking for a front line battle PC, but will want to go a bit off the wall in the heritage department.
  • Ashley - Human College of Whispers Bard. This would give her a chance to showcase some of her talent and explore the twisted side she has not brought to the table yet, but has shown behind the scenes.
  • Taliesin - Hobgoblin Genie Pact of the Tome Warlock. I think that someone is going to tackle the Curse of Strife that besets all goblinkind in Matt's world, and I think Taliesin is the one who will go there. I think he'll like tying the class to the setting, so a pact with a genie will get him there.
  • Sam - Minotaur Barbarian will let him be ridiculous in a whole new way.
  • Laura - Changeling Rogue will give Laura new ways to be creative and dark.
  • Travis - Halfling Artificer will give him a chance to revisit Macaroni Samsonite's quirk and explore something new, and perhaps tie back to lore from campaign 1 in the development of more advanced guns. There is a history there where Marquet was one of the first places the guns were set free on the world.
  • Liam - Goliath Stoneguard Ashari Druid Circle of the Mountain Druid. I think he'll explore the side of the Ashari mostly untouched so far.
Of all of those, the one I would most like to see would be Ashley do a College of Whispers Bard.

I expect that one person, probably Taliesin Jaffe, will be playing a homebrew class made by Mercer. I do feel the quip in the announcement about Jaffe constantly asking questions of Mercer either means his character requires significant lore development and detail or that he's asking about rule clarifications, combinations, ideas etc. for a hombrew class. It would also align with how Jaffe has played a customised (adopted) subclass in Campaign 1 and a custom class in Campaign 2.

I have a feeling that Laura Willingham will get her first choice in player class this time; I know she did not get to choose Warlock in Campaign 2 and I heard she didn't get her choice of Rogue in Campaign 1, so I don't think she will be denied this time. No idea what class that will be however.

I definitely suspect we will have a main-cast Artificer that's in it for the long haul this time.

BRayne

Adventurer
My only guesses are Taliesin playing a warforged (or aeormaton in Exandrian terms) due to his interest when they were mentioned as now being present in the C2 wrap up as well as the "Taliesin has a lot of questions" bit in today's announcement. Also Laura Bailey picks a paladin so no one can snag the class from her and then multiclass into paladin

I expect that one person, probably Taliesin Jaffe, will be playing a homebrew class made by Mercer. I do feel the quip in the announcement about Jaffe constantly asking questions of Mercer either means his character requires significant lore development and detail or that he's asking about rule clarifications, combinations, ideas etc. for a hombrew class. It would also align with how Jaffe has played a customised (adopted) subclass in Campaign 1 and a custom class in Campaign 2.

I have a feeling that Laura Willingham will get her first choice in player class this time; I know she did not get to choose Warlock in Campaign 2 and I heard she didn't get her choice of Rogue in Campaign 1, so I don't think she will be denied this time. No idea what class that will be however.

I definitely suspect we will have a main-cast Artificer that's in it for the long haul this time.

Bumping this (spoilers for episode one).

I was actually right about Jaffe playing a custom subclass. Ashton the Barbarian also seems to have a complicated backstory, one timed into Freshly Cut Grass as well. They will be an interesting character to watch, and I'm curious about what the design will shake out to be.

Laura Bailey and Marisha Ray both have levels in Sorcerer and also seem to be tied together, so I think they may have decided this concept together. Really fascinated by what Ray's Warlock and what her subclass will be.

I was definitely wrong about a main-cast Artificer it seems! They're heavily magic based (Freshly Cut Grass is a Cleric depsite being a machine) and melee martial based, so it's going to be interesting to shake out. No Rogues as well.

Remove ads