Pregens vs Lvl 6 Gnoll Marauders (pics inside!)

FadedC

First Post
Rechan said:
Still looking for a reply to this.

An interestomg qiestion......a quick look at all the soldiers showed that almost all of them had either the ability the mark, the ability to stick to their opponent, nastier AoO's, or the ability to imobilize their enemy.

The 2 exceptions I found to this were the bodak reaver and the orc raider. The raider I can chalk up to being from a miniatures card so we probably have incomplete/incorrect stats. The only thing that may be soldier like on the reaver is the ability to daze...I'm not 100% sure that means yet.

Rechan

Adventurer
Okay; I see three soldiers that can mark; the Human guard, Kobold Dragon Shield and the Hobgoblin soldier. I wasn't looking in the text of their attacks.

UngeheuerLich said:
Still: i am concerned... i am mostly sure my concerns are unfounded... still i need some time to get used to it. Also I am concerned about the lack of bard, because I recently play a lot with girls, who favour them... (and also they are my favourite class... yes, i have been mocked enough for that, thanks^^)
Nothing wrong with liking the Bard. The class has a great concept (IMO). It's under-powered in 3E, but playing a Bard can still be a lot of fun thanks to the stuff you can do outside of combat. (If I had to pick between an underpowered Fighter and the automatically underpowered Bard, I'd probably always pick the Bard. ;) )

That One Guy

First Post
Thanks for the test run. I hope you do another test w/ more pretty pictures. Maybe throw in some minions and things of various levels. Also...

FadedC said:
The ability is a reaction. That means it occurs after the effect that triggers it resolves.

In order for it to negate the attack it would have to be an interrupt, meaning it occurs before the effect that triggers it.

this. (an example of the interrupt is the halfling's Second Chance)

UngeheuerLich said:
My main concern is: loss of one important roleplaying part: no need for "healers" because of too abstract hp (they go up and down a lot - probably no possibility for lasting wounds).

In the demo I played last week I sorta' figured the cleric'd be not as important. He/she still is. The boosted healing as a minor action really helps.

Remove ads