Pregnancy and newborns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disagree. Very disagree.
You are entitled to that.

Works well enough for my group though.

Ive already got my idea for what ill do if one of my pcs gets pregnant. After being inspired by some of the posting from yesterday ive been brimming with ideas. All of them plausible and taking into account the disadvantages.

To each their own.

Arilyn

Hero
Years ago, my pc got married, adopted a girl that she and her husband rescued. Few game years later, they had their own child. It was really cool. This was a campaign that spread out over many years, and had lots of time in between adventures. My pc and her husband ended up semi-retired, and I had another character. But note, semi-retired. 😂
This was a fantasy game, not D&D, but can't remember system. Warhammer? Getting old and too many games!

jasper

Rotten DM
Some of that doesnt make sense. They are pregnant. Not a mother yet.

Very funny post though.
You never had a pregnant wife. Moms who would never talk to us before did. Strange Moms while shopping would give us advice about everything. The new soon to be grand parents were very happy. (New grandma want to visit and stay for the last month). I had to drive SLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWLY home one day from the office ONE HANDED while holding two Dairy Queen Chocolate Shelled dipped cones.

AngryTiger

Explorer
I play most of my games as solo campaigns with my wife. She likes playing out downtime and everyday life of her characters, between adventures. So romance and sex are usually a part of the campaign. Most of her characters haven't had children yet, because they are busy with adventuring and want to wait until world isn't on brink of destruction before having family.

The one game where her character did get pregnant and have a child was a star wars old republic campaign. I think she was around level 18 at the time and was playing a soldier who was member of the galaxy's most dangerous special forces unit. Typical missions included fights against impossible odds and taking out sith lords. She didn't want to risk anything happening to the child so the military had to survive without her for awhile.

When she decided her character would want a child, we had downtime for about year and half. Enough time for pregnancy to be over and take care of the child for first few months. After that she returned to duty while the child was taken care of by a nanny or the father(when he wasn't on missions, since he was a special forces soldier too).

After the campaign was over, she then made the child her next character for a follow up campaign.

So, i think PC's having children is cool, but i wouldn't want pregnancy or childbirth be the focus for a game, and just have it happen on downtime.

You never had a pregnant wife. Moms who would never talk to us before did. Strange Moms while shopping would give us advice about everything. The new soon to be grand parents were very happy. (New grandma want to visit and stay for the last month). I had to drive SLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWLY home one day from the office ONE HANDED while holding two Dairy Queen Chocolate Shelled dipped cones.
That clears it up.
Also i never said i was a dude.
My username befuddles things. I just really like vecna (who i believe the writers intended to imply was actually the son of mok slyk directly but thats a draft that never panned out) and the name is a reference to him.
Everyone assumes im a dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads