• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Presenting Euriga, a setting with a twist on spellcasters

Laurefindel

Legend
Added the ranger re-skin, called the Seneschal.

I'm not 100% satisfied with it. It's not a bad re-skin in its own, but it's not a *spellcaster* one like I intended to do. In my defense, the ranger is the least spellcast-y of all the spellcaster classes, and it suffers a bit of an identity crisis in this edition.

I worked off old notes that I had but as I'm re-reading @Marika Lenaris's post, I'm starting to prefer her (?) idea of a stealthy protector knight of a secret order, which might offer more on the supernatural side. I might go back to the drawing board for that one...

Flavorwise I have to admit I'm less of a fan of the Runecaster as it fits in more precariously with the others, but it is once more a great work of refluffing existing mechanics and I applaud that. Well done!
The Senechal could work with a spell-less variant of the Ranger. But seeing as magic is an integral part of it, if feels a little off?
Otherwise, again, great refluff. I find what you've done here greatly inspiring. Good work!

Laurefindel

Legend
Flavorwise I have to admit I'm less of a fan of the Runecaster as it fits in more precariously with the others...

Yeah, I did not originally plan to do the half-caster classes and runecasting at least felt like something different. I was trying to not re-hash the same spellcasting traditions on a martial frame...

The Senechal could work with a spell-less variant of the Ranger. But seeing as magic is an integral part of it, if feels a little off?

Agreed. It an ok refluff in its own, but barely fitting the setting and most importantly, the re-skin is not based on a spellcasting tradition. I haven't got the time to work much on it, but I intend to redo the ranger reskin from scratch.

Otherwise, again, great refluff. I find what you've done here greatly inspiring. Good work!

thanks!

Remove ads