Presenting Euriga, a setting with a twist on spellcasters

Laurefindel

Legend
Added the ranger re-skin, called the Seneschal.

I'm not 100% satisfied with it. It's not a bad re-skin in its own, but it's not a *spellcaster* one like I intended to do. In my defense, the ranger is the least spellcast-y of all the spellcaster classes, and it suffers a bit of an identity crisis in this edition.

I worked off old notes that I had but as I'm re-reading @Marika Lenaris's post, I'm starting to prefer her (?) idea of a stealthy protector knight of a secret order, which might offer more on the supernatural side. I might go back to the drawing board for that one...

Flavorwise I have to admit I'm less of a fan of the Runecaster as it fits in more precariously with the others, but it is once more a great work of refluffing existing mechanics and I applaud that. Well done!
The Senechal could work with a spell-less variant of the Ranger. But seeing as magic is an integral part of it, if feels a little off?
Otherwise, again, great refluff. I find what you've done here greatly inspiring. Good work!

Laurefindel

Legend
Flavorwise I have to admit I'm less of a fan of the Runecaster as it fits in more precariously with the others...

Yeah, I did not originally plan to do the half-caster classes and runecasting at least felt like something different. I was trying to not re-hash the same spellcasting traditions on a martial frame...

The Senechal could work with a spell-less variant of the Ranger. But seeing as magic is an integral part of it, if feels a little off?

Agreed. It an ok refluff in its own, but barely fitting the setting and most importantly, the re-skin is not based on a spellcasting tradition. I haven't got the time to work much on it, but I intend to redo the ranger reskin from scratch.

Otherwise, again, great refluff. I find what you've done here greatly inspiring. Good work!

thanks!

Remove ads