• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige classes in 3.5e

Grishnak

First Post
Sorry if it's been asked but what is going to happen to all the prestige classes now that 3.5e has been released? Are they going to rerelease all the source books or just let things slide? Our group have seen things which will conflict straight away and will effect a party member right off.

johnsemlak

First Post
Well, I assume you're referring to WotC PrCs and books.

16 PrCs (i.e. 10 more than in the 3.0 DMG) will be republished in the 3.5 DMG, including several from the WotC splattbooks, a couple of new ones, and the mystic theurge.

Aside from the 3 core books, the only other book which will be revised is the Psionics Handbook.

There will be a free downlaod with will 'update' the material in the other WotC hardbacks. This might cover the PrCs in the Manual of the Planes, for example.

as far as PrCs in the Splattbooks, I don't think there are particular planes to 'update' them. I imagine certain classes will be more effected than others.

Last edited:

Renaissance Man

First Post
What about this conversion guide? I read in another thread that a good thirty pages or so were dedicated to conversion of existing supplements - Deities & Demigods, Fiend Folio, etc. Are there no guidelines in that document for converting the splatbooks?

apocalypstick

First Post
3.5 splatbooks come out in December, starting with the Fighter, if I remember correctly....

I like spending money on gaming stuff. I am WotC's target market. Sigh.

johnsemlak

First Post
apocalypstick said:
3.5 splatbooks come out in December, starting with the Fighter, if I remember correctly....

That's The Complete Warrior. It will be a sourcebook for Fighters and fighting. I don't think there are any known plans currently for other 3.5 splattbooks, however. Also, I think WotC have made an effort to say that The Complete Warrior will not be a 3.5 update of Sword and Fist.

apocalypstick

First Post
EN World member Lygah reports that Ed Stark has revealed the following information regarding the Complete Warrior:

"Not only does this book provide both new and revised feats and prestige classes, but there are some new base classes, combos, and other interesting options that should appeal not only to finesse fighters, or even fighters in general, but to the rest of the classes as well. Heck, there are even a small number of new spells in the book!"

If it looks like a duck and it... you know...

I doubt that we won't see "Complete Wizard" and "Complete Rogue" and whatever in the future.

Krug

Newshound
apocalypstick said:

If it looks like a duck and it... you know...

I doubt that we won't see "Complete Wizard" and "Complete Rogue" and whatever in the future.

double negative.. must not.. urgh argh..

coyote6

Adventurer
I imagine "How do I convert X" will be a popular* thread title after everyone has the books.

For example, I'm still wondering how we'll convert the divine oracle (prereqs: ranks in Scry, Skill Focus (Scry); abilities include: bonuses to Scry) PC in my campaign...

*(Though I'm sure it won't be as popular as the perennials: "X got the Shaft!" and "Y is Broken!" ;) )

Last edited:

Remove ads