Previews for Dragon 353 and Dungeon 144

GwydapLlew

First Post
KingCrab said:
Not exactly related, but the part 6 in Savage Tide reminded me I'm trying to find a savage tide thread on EN World. I have a bunch of questions about the 3rd adventure, and would like to know how it's going for people who have run / are running it.

Your best bet is www.paizo.com - they have forums for each of the AP, and the writers frequently pipe up as well.

Razz

Banned
Banned
Shemeska said:
They first appeared in the Planescape Monstrous Compendium II, and they appeared most recently in the 3e Fiend Folio.

Keepers look like virtually identical, vaguely androgenous humanoids dressed in black, wearing black goggles that hide their (lack of) eyes. Hive mind, limited shapechanging ability of sorts, and they're obsessed with finding and then supressing secrets. Very classical 'Men in Black' sort of motif.

Hopefully folks will like my interpretation once the issue actually comes out here in a few months.

Congrats, btw, on your article being accepted. I'm interested in seeing the ecology on that one. A friend of mine found them interesting when we first saw them back in 2E and it looks like I'll be basing an adventure around them as a surprise now.

Now if only Paizo would start accepting other planar articles...specifically on yugoloths... :heh:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
my theory is that WotC is deciding whether or not they want to do an FC3 - that, or they know they want to do an FC3, and are trying to figure out what materials they want to use. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
dargoth3 said:
Hmmm theres no mention of an FR article in that preview of 352.........

I don't imagine the FR or Eberron articles will show up in the previews every month. They could be a short article like Class Acts or Spellcraft, things that don't usually have their specifics mentioned in the previews.

Shemeska

Adventurer
BOZ said:
my theory is that WotC is deciding whether or not they want to do an FC3 - that, or they know they want to do an FC3, and are trying to figure out what materials they want to use. :)

It's certainly possible, and would be kinda cool. But for those couple folks who put in a 'loth article pitch (you and I included), the wait... *chuckle*

My original pitch at least has been floating around since January or so, and then was reworked sometime later after Erik asked for 'loth article ideas in the letters section of Dragon. Honestly, I'd happily collaborate with the others who put their own pitches into the ring.

sckeener

First Post
Shemeska said:
Boz said:
my theory is that WotC is deciding whether or not they want to do an FC3 - that, or they know they want to do an FC3, and are trying to figure out what materials they want to use.
It's certainly possible, and would be kinda cool. But for those couple folks who put in a 'loth article pitch (you and I included), the wait... *chuckle*

My original pitch at least has been floating around since January or so, and then was reworked sometime later after Erik asked for 'loth article ideas in the letters section of Dragon. Honestly, I'd happily collaborate with the others who put their own pitches into the ring.

Since Erik made that request, I've assumed FC3 is going to be a Paizo Dragon Article. I'm hoping at least 2 articles, one detailing 'loths & their structure, one detailing 'loth history. Sprinkled into the articles I want feats, spells, prestige classes, magic items, planar locations, new monsters, etc....basically I want a Demonomicon of Iggwilv for 'loths...

(though that is probably setting a high standard to meet for an article....)

Remove ads