D&D 5E Price Increase on D&D & MtG coming

thundershot

Adventurer
Well…. I’m glad I have Fizban and Witchlight locked in on Amazon for $30. Strixhaven didn’t go down as much and still sits at $45. Prices go up. It’s part of the world.

aco175

Legend
At what point does it become feasible to print in the USA or Europe? I'm guessing that it is not yet since they are not going to do this. Then there is also the question of printing with cheaper material like thinner paper and softcover, but same thing assuming they would have looked at it already. I'm guessing there is a chart with what people are willing to pay for what quality.

Zardnaar

Legend
At what point does it become feasible to print in the USA or Europe? I'm guessing that it is not yet since they are not going to do this. Then there is also the question of printing with cheaper material like thinner paper and softcover, but same thing assuming they would have looked at it already. I'm guessing there is a chart with what people are willing to pay for what quality.

Afaik the 5E books are printed in the USA.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yup, Van Richten's was printed in the USA @aco175 :
20210731_191033.jpg

Wonder if this is going to increase the prices of my digital (FG) versions? I guess probably since they tend to price them relevant to the hardcover MSRP. But maybe not, we'll see.

Zardnaar

Legend
Wonder if this is going to increase the prices of my digital (FG) versions? I guess probably since they tend to price them relevant to the hardcover MSRP. But maybe not, we'll see.

Theoretically yes as other costs will increase. But any such increase should be lower since they don't need to use materials as such to produce it.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Everyone's battling this. 2 years ago you could get a 40' container from China to the US for like $2500. This year it's $10k-$15k, or more if you want it delivered promptly.
5% inflation doesn't help things either.

I'm in the transportation world. Everyone's taking at least one price increase this year even for domestic transportation.
I work in autoparts, and yeah prices have been going up steadily, especially on parts that are primarily made overseas.

But this increase? Honestly probably overdue, right?

Zardnaar

Legend
I work in autoparts, and yeah prices have been going up steadily, especially on parts that are primarily made overseas.

But this increase? Honestly probably overdue, right?

Apparently there's a big shortage of containers. China's had Covid outbreak if they lock down their ports.....

Think we have large piles of empty containers but it's not worth picking them up due to shipping shortage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases