D&D 3E/3.5 Priests turning - was it revised in 3.5 ?

Staffan

Legend
Speaking of turning undead, I did some checking a while ago and noticed that there are very few easily turned undead creatures in the MM - compare the CRs to their HD+turn resistance, and the cleric will have a hard time turning any but the weakest undead (Medium or smaller skeletons and zombies). I'm thinking that it might be an underpowered ability but I'm not going to change it yet, because
(a) I haven't seen it in use very much yet, so the theoretical weakness might vaporize in actual gaming, and
(b) It's not like the cleric class needs a power boost.

Number47

First Post
I want to see turning revamped in 3.5 simply because they need to implement a mechanic where I don't have to open the book to a freakin' chart every damn time. This is like the only thing left in 3E that pretty much requires me to flip open to the chart and follow the instruction every time.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
#47 - pick up one of the cleric character sheets that puts the table on the sheet, right where the box listing 'turning attempts per day' is.

Then it's the player's responsibility to follow the rules.

FCWesel

First Post
Have the player do it!

Make the player write it out on a piece of paper, and make them responsible...tell them...No Paper..No Turn.

After I did that ONCE to my player he laminated the dang thing and put it in the cover of his character's 3-ring binder.

Since then I have done that with a couple other rules and such things. Making the player's responsible for some of the paperwork directly relating to theri characters frees me up and makes the game faster and far more fun.

Number47

First Post
I shouldn't have to buy/download/make any character sheets for this. I don't care if it's the player's responsibility. It just simply doesn't fit with the way 3E is supposed to work.

Draco Argentum

First Post
I posted this earlier but it might be worthwhile here.

From Savage Species.

Change: Turning grants will saves.

Evidence: pg 63 Last paragraph of Awaken Undead.

Analysis: This could be a reference to the control undead spell rather than the clerical power.

Remove ads