D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse campaign recaps

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
Thanks for the idea [MENTION=31465]Nebulous[/MENTION]

I'm all ready for next week. They have been down this way once before. Things will be different this time - the enemy are prepared.

Capture.JPG

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
And here is the adventure log from a few days ago:

https://deathgrind.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log/everybody-was-kung-fu-fighting

In this adventure, the group took on the Sacred Stone Monastery and won. In the party there is a monk, they were fighting monks, and the party member who had been taken by the earthcult and brainwashed was also there, and he was being trained as a monk.

Everybody was Kung-Fu fighting.

From utter paranoia before because every time they played a kick-in-the-door style of game they ended up being routed, the group are now being more careful about their tactics and finding they are winning. That's why I have upped the ante a bit, as now the temple dwellers are aware they are coming and have prepared for them. Of course they may choose not to go downstairs. I hope they do go downstairs though, it's always interesting watching how a party gets out of (or overcomes) a potentially unwinnable situation.

Nebulous

Legend
WELL, they did what I was afraid they'd do, they blew past all the side encounters in the Black Geode and made it to Marlos. We couldn't finish the fight, had to stop half way, but that goddamned sorcerer, her critting twinned Chromatic orbs is destroying just about everything...

Uller

Adventurer
Don't forget that polymorph is a concentration spell. My group cast it on the monk to turn her into a t-rex when she gets low on hp but in one case the wizard got hit by a spear from an ogre and failed his concentration save leaving the monk with 10 hp right in the thick of it.

Nebulous

Legend
Don't forget that polymorph is a concentration spell. My group cast it on the monk to turn her into a t-rex when she gets low on hp but in one case the wizard got hit by a spear from an ogre and failed his concentration save leaving the monk with 10 hp right in the thick of it.

yes, we often use colored tabs to indicate which PCs and enemies are using concentration.

Awesome finale. I would suggest letting your players get an easy win in the Air Node to raise their morale. Earth Node seems to have been a bit of a grind. Then you can utterly crush them in the two remaining nodes.

Nebulous

Legend
Awesome finale. I would suggest letting your players get an easy win in the Air Node to raise their morale. Earth Node seems to have been a bit of a grind. Then you can utterly crush them in the two remaining nodes.

My friend, those were my thoughts EXACTLY :)

Remove ads