• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse Hits the Shelves!

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I skimmed this in the store but didn't buy it. It looks great, but there's a slim chance a friend will be running this. So I don't want to own the book until after the campaign.

I MADE MY WILL SAVE! :D

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Wow, that is impressive, but I don't think kinkos or staples will just charge $13 for that kind of size, I'll have to shop around

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I picked this up today, based on the positive feedback it has been getting and the fact that I really don't posses any self control at all, and I am not disappointed. I really, really liked LMoP but completely hated HotDQ -- it was linear and not particularly well written and just felt like a bunch of OP games bound together. I am really glad that PotA is much more like LMoP. This is an adventure I might actually run. Between the sandboxy elements, the dungeon crawling and the gentle power curve of 5E I think I could actually get some mileage out of this book.

Now if I can just find the time to fit another weekly game into my schedule...

pontinyc

Explorer
I'm going to be running either this or an attempt at a conversion of Rise of the Runelords. Thoughts? RotRL has so much incredible depth, so many npc's for the pc's to interact with, possibilities for tons of home-brew to be thrown in, etc. Does it look like PotA will have that much depth? I'd much prefer not to have to convert everything from PF but the first 5e adventures left me extremely cold. Combo of overly linear and not well fleshed out, imho.

Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated from those who have purchased it as I'd rather not shell out the cash unless I'm pretty certain that I'm going to run it. Thanks!

Fralex

Explorer
So I'm gathering this adventure is really, really, good. I'm getting pretty interested. But... urgh, as someone who has never purchased a published adventure before, ~$50 just seems like a lot to me. I mean, that's how much a core rulebook costs. I only considered the rulesbooks worth it because I'd be using them all the time. What makes books like this worthwhile? I'm not being skeptical or anything, I'm just curious what makes them so fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads