• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse Hits the Shelves!

pukunui

Legend
Well it mentions the Drow there is no mention of a book called masters of the apocalypse.
What does it say? Does it actually say what the next adventure will be? Or is it just a suggestion or something? An Easter Egg? Were there any hints about PotA in ToD?

Shadowdweller00

Adventurer
The passage is a reference to "what comes next" after the adventure in Princes of the Apocalypse has been resolved. I believe that I have seen a reference by one of the designers to some forthcoming book called "Masters of the Apocalypse" that is supposed to be a continuation of the storyline (a follow-up such as Rise of Tiamat is to Hoard of the Dragon Queen). I could as easily have been mistaken...or seen some contortion of the released title...have seen some plan that was discussed but has since been abandoned...or any number of variations along those lines. I cannot of course find a reference at this particular point in time, but then again I can find little of any forthcoming releases beyond the next couple months.

pukunui

Legend
I think if a developer had made such a reference, it would've made the news here at EN World. I've certainly heard no such thing. As far as I'm aware, Princes of the Apocalypse is a standalone product. The next adventure will be about something else.

That being said, it's possible what you saw was a reference to an upcoming Adventurers League module for the Elemental Evil season. They haven't announced the titles for all the D&D Expeditions adventures, nor have they announced a D&D Epics adventure for the season either, I don't think. Maybe that's what you saw?

EDIT: Or could it perhaps be the (working) title of an upcoming novel for the Elemental Evil storyline?

Last edited:

wedgeski

Adventurer
I gree with my esteemed fellow board member above. I don't get the impression there's anything in the pipeline to follow Princes. The passage cited is just a few words on how the EEE might next try to Take Over The World.

DongMaster

First Post
Got my copy today here in southern Sweden and I am impressed with the quality of the book.

Will be a pleasure to read and eventually run.

HobbitFan

Explorer
I'm hoping that as more people pick it up this next week that more people will join the PoTA threads and discussion will take off.

Remove ads