Prodigal Son

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Another new TV show that mines familiar territory. This time, elements of Hannibal, and the true crime show, Dark Minds. Maybe a bit of Law & Order: Criminal Intent...and some Criminal Minds, I suspect.

While it didn’t impress me as much as the pilot for Evil (or Hannibal), this show is still pretty good. Definitely on board for a few more episodes at the very least...probably all of season 1 unless the episodes take a marked downturn in quality.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I like Michael Sheen and enjoyed the first episode of the show, in does very much have a Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal feel about it

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That whole serial killer manipulating the profiler thing is VERY Hannibal...and with the added dynamic of them being father/son. Nice.

i have to say that the initial ads FR the show might have been a tad misleading. Sheen almost came across as playing it for laughs at times, and that might have put some people off.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
That whole serial killer manipulating the profiler thing is VERY Hannibal...and with the added dynamic of them being father/son. Nice.

i have to say that the initial ads FR the show might have been a tad misleading. Sheen almost came across as playing it for laughs at times, and that might have put some people off.

yeah, the fathers 'delight' did need the context of the whole story and with it I think came of a lot more sinister than in the ads. The father son dynamic is a nice twist, especially with the 'is the son also unhinged' hook to be explored

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The unhinged son thing definitely resonated with Bobby from Criminal Intent and the profiler Will from Hannibal for me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases