Product Blurbs Up on Amazon

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
The entries for the May--August 2008 WotC products on Amazon.com now have product blurbs associated with them. Here's the 4E PH's--it actually contains something new.

The Player's Handbook presents the official Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game rules as well as everything a player needs to create D&D characters worthy of song and legend: new character races, base classes, paragon paths, epic destinies, powers, more magic items, weapons, armor, and much more.

Three-tiered quasi-class structure, perhaps? I've been thinking of something like that for nearly 20 years, inspired by Final Fantasy 1 (which was a blatant D&D ripoff, so this is simply just retribution. :) )

I was wondering about the "epic destinies" myself since we know base classes are a mechanical concept and we've heard paragon paths mentioned by the designers. I'm guessing that the paths and destinies are what are replacing prestige classes.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
And now that I'm in with the scoop, the rest of them: :)

First, the generic 4E promotional text repeated across all three books.

The Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game has defined the medieval fantasy genre and the tabletop RPG industry for more than 30 years. In the D&D game, players create characters that band together to explore dungeons, slay monsters, and find treasure. The 4th Edition D&D rules offer the best possible play experience by presenting exciting character options, an elegant and robust rules system, and handy storytelling tools for the Dungeon Master.

Monster Manual
The Monster Manual presents more than 300 official Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game monsters for all levels of play, from aboleth to zombie. Each monster is illustrated and comes with complete game statistics and tips for the Dungeon Master on how best to use the monster in D&D encounters.

Dungeon Master's Guide
The Dungeon Master's Guide gives the Dungeon Master helpful tools to build exciting encounters, adventures, and campaigns for the 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game, as well as advice for running great game sessions, ready-to-use traps and non-player characters, and more. In addition, it presents a fully detailed town that can serve as a starting point for any D&D game.

Dungeons & Dragons Premium Dice
Premium polyhedral dice for your D&D® game.

This roleplaying game accessory includes a complete set of official dice for your Dungeons & Dragons® game. Use these dice to help decide your fate as you battle fearsome monsters, explore ancient dungeons, and claim magnificent treasure.

This product contains a dice bag and a complete set of dice for use in the Dungeons & Dragons game: one 4-sided die, four 6-sided dice, one 8-sided die, one 10-sided die, one percentile die, one 12-sided die, and one 20-sided die.

(I include this only to confirm that none of the old die types--even the neglected d12 and merciless d4--are disappearing.)

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
Warbringer said:
one percentile die

really??? a golf ball with numbers :)

Nah; this is one that's been around for several years. It's a die numbered 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90. The theory, I believe, is that you roll it and the standard d10 and add them together, but it works just as well the 'traditional' way, so long as you establish clear table rules beforehand.

The Player's Handbook presents the official Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game rules as well as everything a player needs to create D&D characters worthy of song and legend: new character races, base classes, paragon paths, epic destinies, powers, more magic items, weapons, armor, and much more.

So magic items are actually in the Players Handbook? Interesting.

Ahglock

First Post
Matthew L. Martin said:
The entries for the May--August 2008 WotC products on Amazon.com now have product blurbs associated with them. Here's the 4E PH's--it actually contains something new.

Three-tiered quasi-class structure, perhaps? I've been thinking of something like that for nearly 20 years, inspired by Final Fantasy 1 (which was a blatant D&D ripoff, so this is simply just retribution. :) )

I'm thinking its just a fancy way to say its levels 1-30 now. 1-10 base classes, 11-20 paragon, 21-30 epic.

Remove ads