D&D 5E Professions in 5e

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
House rules are a way to cover up a game's shortcomings. Yes.

It's more like the game doesn't have it in its bog standard version, but is an identified option in the game itself. So it's a lot more like the standard model car having manually adjustable seats, but going with the option to put in the maker's own motorized seats.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
If Carl has 18 stat, that doesn't sound very incompetent to me. Sounds like a lot of natural skill. Equal to LeBron in fact.

Yeah. It's maybe the difference between a competent athlete making a long jump and Bob Shorter doing it. Carl doesn't come across as all that incompetent.

I think part of what's going on is the premise--explicit in the rules, IIRC--that the ability scores aren't pure natural ability, but reflect some training/practice, even aside from skills and tools.

Yeah. It's maybe the difference between a competent athlete making a long jump and Bob Shorter doing it. Carl doesn't come across as all that incompetent.

I think part of what's going on is the premise--explicit in the rules, IIRC--that the ability scores aren't pure natural ability, but reflect some training/practice, even aside from skills and tools.

Page number.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Incompetent Carl has a stat of 18 for making the check? Does that seem incompetent to anybody other than WayoftheFourElements?

Remove ads