• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project: Daedalus (Issue #1)

Agamon

Adventurer
Round Six
Maps

Initiative: Screaming Eagle: 22, Strafe: 22, Mimic: 18, Sandstone: 18, Jersey Devil: 17, Cheetah: 16, Random: 16, Elementor: 15, Shimmering Samurai: 14, Tyroc: 13, Minotaur: 12, Neutron: 9, Sarah: 3

Condition: Minotaur: Entangled; Elementor: 2 Stun, 4 Lethal, Dying; Sarah: 1 Lethal; Tyroc: 2 Lethal; Mimic: 1 Lethal; Jaya: 1 Stun, 1 Lethal, Dying; Cheetah: 1 Stun; Sandstone: 2 Lethal, Disabled; Random: 1 Stun, Prone.
HPs used: Minotaur: (1); Sarah (4), Tyroc (3), Elementor (3), Mimic (1) and I've used 4 VPs.

"I swear to God, Strafe, if any of these people dies, you're be lying six feet under with them!" Screaming Eagle shouts down. She sees that Miguel has taken down Sandstone and flies up to him, swinging around and kicking at him before landing on the roof. Miguel jumps aside with cat-like grace, avoiding the blow.

Strafe laughs, "Whatever, babe. You can certainly try, might be fun." He steps up to the side of the truck, and using it for cover, fires a long burst at Aaron's rocky form. A number of the charged bulllets deflect off of the boy's stone skin, but one pierces his shoulder, one his left leg, and a third goes through his chest. He reverts to his human form and falls to the ground, bleeding.

Aaron is hit 3 times from a autofire attack, once critically. Damage saves are 2, hp to reroll, giving a 19 for the crit and 6 and 18 for the others, resulting in 3 lethal hits and Aaron is Dying. Con check vs death: 14 vs DC 10, success.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Round six action

Birdie come to play? Here birdie, birdie, birdie. Miguel says mimicing Sam's voice, as the claws unsheath from his hands he will make an attack towards Screaming Eagle.

I will use a HP if the roll is less then 12

OOC: Attempting to bluff Eagle into thinking that I am Sam as well as keeping her back towards the edge of the roof in case the real Sam decides to join in.

I am unsure what skill to use if it's the bluff skill then it is at 2 if I could use the disguise skill then it's 12 +2 for sound mimicry. Obviously I would rather use the disguise skill.

Last edited:

Elementor

First Post
Agamon said:
Aaron is hit 3 times from a autofire attack, once critically. Damage saves are 1 for the crit and 5 and 17 for the others. I assume you want to reroll that 1?

Hoo ya. Please. I hope you are taking into account my 6 levels of protection I have in Earth form.

Agamon

Adventurer
Round Six, con't
Maps

Initiative: Screaming Eagle: 22, Strafe: 22, Mimic: 18, Sandstone: 18, Jersey Devil: 17, Cheetah: 16, Random: 16, Shimmering Samurai: 14, Tyroc: 13, Minotaur: 12, Neutron: 9, Sarah: 3

Condition: Minotaur: Entangled; Elementor: 2 Stun, 4 Lethal, Dying; Sarah: 1 Lethal; Tyroc: 2 Lethal; Mimic: 1 Lethal; Jaya: 1 Stun, 1 Lethal, Dying; Sandstone: 2 Lethal, Disabled; Random: 1 Stun, Prone, Screaming Eagle: 1 Lethal, Stunned.
HPs used: Shim. Samurai: (1); Minotaur: (1); Sarah (4), Tyroc (3), Elementor (3), Mimic (1) and I've used 5 VPs.

Screaming Eagle watches Miguel closely, trying to avoid the long sharp claws. He swings his claws, but Eagle blocks the attacks easily. "You're in over your head, young lady. You and your friends would be best off surrendering now," she says.

Mimic's Bluff check 22 vs SE's Sense Motive check 19, success. Your bluff request is unusual, Mimic, but I guess I can consider it a 'feint' that will allow Sam to attack SE without her dodge bonus. Attack of 23 misses her.

Sandstone, still reeling from Miguel's attack, slowly backs away down the other side of the roof, grunting in pain as she does.

"Good job, Neutron," Jersey Devil says, smirking at Minotaur before turning to face Kiro as he rushes in.

Samantha looks up towards the roof of the house and grins. She quickly but quietly creeps up to the side of the house and nimbly clibs up the wall. Getting to the top, Screaming Eagle has her full attention on Miguel. She slashes out with a scream, raking her claws across Eagle's back, who screams in return and falls to one knee in pain.

VP used to reroll SE's horrible Dam save roll, she takes a Lethal hit and is Stunned.

Random, rubbing his sore back, gets up, cursing. He then dissapears from sight.

"Smug fool," Kiro thinks as he hurdles the fence, seeing Jersey Devil moving towards him with a grin. He aims his sword in the beast's direction and a beam of light shoots forward. Devil barely dodges out the way of the attack.

Jump check 20 successful. Attack 13, rerolled with HP, 18 still misses.

Tyroc's up

Calinon

First Post
"Kid!" Tyroc screams, starting into motion. "Sam, Miguel, help us put Strafe down! At least AF won't try to kill us!"

Tyroc taxes a five foot step forward and reaches out, lifting the truck twenty feet off the ground rapidly with an undulating platform of force, to reveal Strafe. The truck spins around so it's wheels are down and it's cab directly over Strafe. A second later, hoping Strafe is paying attention to Dodge the truck (Dodge the truck, get it!), Tyroc brings concentric rings of force up from the ground beneath Strafe, trying to bind him in place for Sarah.

POWERS: Kinetic energy control, non attack (half action, five foot step forward); Paralyzing (half action, hero point to re-roll if I roll 12 or lower on the ranged touch attack); sustain force field.

OOC: Look, a landing platform near Strafe for the kitties.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Round Six, con't
Maps

Initiative: Screaming Eagle: 22, Strafe: 22, Mimic: 18, Sandstone: 18, Jersey Devil: 17, Cheetah: 16, Random: 16, Shimmering Samurai: 14, Tyroc: 13, Minotaur: 12, Neutron: 9, Sarah: 3

Condition: Minotaur: Entangled; Elementor: 2 Stun, 4 Lethal, Dying; Sarah: 1 Lethal; Tyroc: 2 Lethal; Mimic: 1 Lethal; Jaya: 1 Stun, 1 Lethal, Dying; Sandstone: 2 Lethal, Disabled; Random: 1 Stun, Prone, Screaming Eagle: 1 Lethal, Stunned.
HPs used: Shim. Samurai: (1); Minotaur: (1); Sarah (4), Tyroc (3), Elementor (3), Mimic (1) and I've used 5 VPs.

Tyroc raises the truck high in the air, breaking branches off of the smouldering tree. Strafe glances up at the vehicle overing above him, but keeps his focus on Tyroc and the others, not wanting to fall for any tricks again. As soon as Tyroc's rings appear, Strafe flips backwards out of the attack's way.

Tyroc's attack of 21 misses Strafe

Minotaur roars in anger and slams his fists down onto the block of cement that entraps him. The cement shatters into pieces, freeing the enraged beast.

Minotaur hits the cement (attack roll 9) and it fails it's damage save by more than 5.

Neutron frowns as Minotaur escapes. "Crap, look out JD, he's free!" He raises an arm and fires a yellow-orange energy blast at Minotaur. The blast hits the big man, but it only seems to make him angrier.

Blast hits with a 14, but Damage save is made with a 24.

Sarah's turn

Deva

First Post
Sarah moves without hessitaion, stepping between Strafe and his line of site of Aaron. Without a word she locks gazes with him and focusses her anger directly into his mind.

POWERS: Mental/Force Field; Mental Blast
ACTIONS: Sarah will move her 30ft closer to Strafe, using extra effort to increase her Mental Blast +2 and she will be using Lethal damage.

OOC: And if this doesn't work, well... I know where the GM lives! :p

Agamon

Adventurer
Round Six, con't
Maps

Initiative: Screaming Eagle: 22, Strafe: 22, Mimic: 18, Sandstone: 18, Jersey Devil: 17, Cheetah: 16, Random: 16, Shimmering Samurai: 14, Tyroc: 13, Steven: 13, Minotaur: 12, Neutron: 9, Sarah: 3

Condition: Elementor: 2 Stun, 4 Lethal, Dying; Sarah: 1 Lethal; Tyroc: 2 Lethal; Mimic: 1 Lethal; Jaya: 1 Stun, 1 Lethal, Dying; Sandstone: 2 Lethal, Disabled; Random: 1 Stun, Invisible; Screaming Eagle: 1 Lethal, Stunned.
HPs used: Shim. Samurai: (1), Minotaur: (1), Sarah (4), Tyroc (3), Elementor (3), Mimic (1) and I've used 5 VPs.

Sarah moves forward determined to put Strafe down. She concentrates on him, but his mind proves to be difficult to subdue. "Get out of my head, bitch!" he says shaking his head.

Attack of 17 misses. No extra effort used.

At the side of the house, Steven appears, camcorder in hand, trying his best to stay out of the way, but capture as much of the action as he can. "This is cool," he says with a smile, until he spots the bodies on the ground. "Jaya!" he shouts in surprise.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads