Project Daedalus (Issue #4)

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
After barreling into Tyrone, she looked up at him with her tongue lolling out the side of her mounth in a canine laugh, and her tail thumped on the floor happily. The difference between her senses in this form and human were like night and day, it was like someone had throne a switch, she sniffed at her teammates, memorizing their scents.

Misha looks at the girl-wolf and shoos her if she tries to sniff him, not forcefully but it is obvious he is a little uncomfortable with the whole animal thing, among other things...

Calinon

First Post
"Woah! What the... uh... aight then," he says with a chuckle as Rachel thumps her tail. He'll take the bag from her. "At least you'll shed less than JD does," he jokes as she starts running between everyone. "No drooling on the seats," he adds. "You can drool on Aaron though."

Elementor

First Post
Calinon said:
"No drooling on the seats," he adds. "You can drool on Aaron though."

"Right on!!" Aron exclaims as he halfway tackles the wolf. "I always wanted my own dog!!" Petting Rachel as much as she will let him, Aaron hugs her as they drive away in the Caddy. "If your Mama doesnt mind me staying over Ty, I think that would be great. Can Rachel stay too?"

Shalimar

First Post
Rachel playfully nips at Aaron's face when he tackles her. The cinnamon furred wolf wrestles with the boy playfully, enjoying not being human and not terribly much caring about human sensibilities. When he starts to pet her, she nuzzles her head against his leg to try and indicate that he should scratch at her ears.

At the suggestion of where she should stay, she shakes her head, a rather unnatural gesture for a wolf, she already had her stuff in her room and unpacked. When everyone is ready to go, Rachel ranges around in front of and behind everyone, playfully pouncing on things and investigating the buildings scent's as she moves with them to the cars.

Calinon

First Post
"If she wants to, sure, but I'll give anyone a ride back here that wants it later tonight," he says to Aaron.

Before they go, he'll invite Angie. Misha's already coming; it can't get worse. Plus he'll leave messages for Angel, JD and Silvertip and their significant others that they're welcome to come if they get back, along with directions to mama's house.

Tokiwong

First Post
Misha opens the door with his automatic locks and gets in the driver seat, flipping his mobile phone open and hits his favorite superhero on speed dial, the one with the wings and the hair. He shrugs, "Everyone in?"

Mimic

First Post
Hammerhead said:
So, Miguel, she says, lowering her voice, what's the deal? Does our fearless leader still live with his mother, a smile quivering on her lip.

I would think that she is living with him, she's a pretty cool lady. She sacrificed alot so her son can do the right thing, not too many people would do that. Miguel whispers back.

Tokiwong said:
Misha opens the door with his automatic locks and gets in the driver seat, flipping his mobile phone open and hits his favorite superhero on speed dial, the one with the wings and the hair. He shrugs, "Everyone in?"

Shotgun, Miguel says as Misha opens the car doors. Yea, lets blow this popcicle stand.

Agamon

Adventurer
Angela smiles at Tyrone's offer, but shakes her head. "Thanks Tyrone, but I have some work to do tonight. You enjoy yourselves, though. If I see Jennifer and the others, I'll let them know they're welcome to join you."

"I'll take my ride, guys, I need to grab Nadia," Neutron says. He gets the adress form Tyrone and promises to be there soon.

Sarah and Kiro climb into Tyrone's Caddy, while Cumulus goes with Misha in his Osprey.

"I don't believe I've ever seen a car this big," Kiro says as he gets in.

"Yeah," Sarah adds with a grin. "What do you get, 5 miles to the gallon in this thing, Ty?" she quips.

Cumulus has her ever present big smile as she gets into Misha's car. "Nice wheels...Misha, right? We haven't been formally introduced. I suppose you know who I am, but you can call me Angela, or Ang. Cumulus is a mouthful. Now let's see if I can remember what Eagle told me about you guys yesterday. You're Misha," she says to the driver, "she had lots to say about you, you guys knew each other before now, hey? And you're Miguel," she says. "You gave almost gave her an aneurysm yesterday when she pulled that prank on you," she says with a giggle. "And you must be Jennifer," she says to the woman sitting beside her. "A mountain climber, huh? I love to climb, we'll have to do some rock climbing sometime...when we both have some time off..."

Misha phone's Jennifer's cell, but it appears to be turned off.

Calinon

First Post
"Eighteen, actually. I try not to think about it or I get depressed," he says wryly. "Economical she aint. She aint that fast, you can fit three civics in her turn radius and her ass is huge, but she's got enough room that you can stretch your legs in the back, her air ride system gives you a smoother ride than any sports car and I challenge you to find more comfortable seats. Plus Richard Roundtree drove this baby in Shaft. It's pure classic," he says with a happy sigh.

Tyroc fires up the car, putting on his shades and hitting the radio which comes alive to a soul station. "Sarah, lemme use your cell a sec," he says. He dials a number, turning down the radio. "Yo, it's Tyroc. Lemme talk to Donnie would ya?"

Moments later, the radio DJ says, "Donnie Sooouul here and we got a treat now. Tyroc is on the line now! Tyroc, what's the good word?"

"Yo, Donnie, my man! It's a hot day, and your favorite super-hero is hangin' in New York with his new Aegis crew. But the fuel tank is runnin' low."

"And the fuel you need is funk and soul?" Donnie replies. This suddenly sounds quite... pre-planned. "97 SOUL is ready to fulfill your needs, my brother, and do it better than any other. Just tell everyone what it is you want me to do?"

"Play me somethin' funky for a brothah ta drive to!" Tyrone says into the phone.

Tossing the phone back to Sarah, he grins and gives her a "What?" look to her (expected) groan at his comment, and pulls out of the garage. He'll head towards the grocery stores and his mama's place. Since Miguel knows the way already, he doesn't overly concern himself with making sure Misha keeps up.

"Donnie and I went to school together. I plug him once in a while on the air and 97 SOUL helps me with charity ads pro bono," he explains with a grin as he drives. "Plus they really do have the best soul and funk in the city," he adds, turning up the radio a bit.

OOC: I went all last episode without being able to drive and use my cheesy catch phrase! I was going through withdrawal!

Tokiwong

First Post
Misha nods to Cumulus, "Yeah, thanks Angela, Jennifer and I are good friends."

He whirls the car backwards once evryone is in, spinning the wheels. He turns the car and spins into the parking lot, before shifting the gears smoothly and laucnhing out onto the street, casually tossing the phone aside.

"I was going to give her a call, but she must be busy," he shrugs, moving into the traffic now smoothly after the brief burst of excitement.

Remove ads