Project Daedalus (Issue #4)

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Agreed. But maybe I should... Jennifer trails off as Misha walks away. ...go do that, while your life-threatening injuries are attended to, she finishes mentally. But if you want to fall unconscious from blood loss while giving a press conference, just so you can upstage Tyrone, that's good too.

Good speech though.

We are also a little wounded, she adds to the end of Misha's speech. Perhaps we should seek medical attention. Please excuse Mr. Werner, she remarks, addressing the crowd of reporters. During the excitement of battle and the flow of adrenaline, one can often forget one's injuries.
"Yeah, injuries..." Misha replies with a smirk as he finishes the interview... he collapses, "ouch..."

Shalimar

First Post
Rachel begins to get into a pattern with the rescue workers. She sniffs out the living in her wolf form, despite the dust and smoke ticklng at her delicate nose. When she finds someone, if the rescue workers can get to them,she points her nose and a forepaw at the rubble and lets the EMS workers get to the rescuing. If not, she she simply swells ther werewolf form and moves moutains of rubble. When she finds alittle boy crying, she nuzzles him with her soft fur and licks his face, trying to comfort him as only a friendly dog, or in this case, a wolf can.

Rachel will continue thesearch until Mishor one of the other's tells her its timeto go.

Calinon

First Post
"Good lord, the high tech gizmos you kids use these days," Tyroc drawls to Neutron as Miguel flies up. "Why, in my day, we'd just climb a tall tree and shout to each other."

He listens to Miguel, and the information he has about the behemoth's mind. "Well heck, that does sound fam...," he says in the same drawl before clearing his throat. "I mean, well heck, that does sound familiar," he says in his normal voice. "Something to look into later, but first lets help with the rescue effort where this all started."

Tyroc calls Kiro and Aaron over. "You two and Mimic, get yourselves into the Aerodyne. And make sure Neutron doesn't keel over on the way. He's swaying like a drunken sailor still," he says, patting Neutron on the shoulder. "Sara, Jennifer, can you please make sure Misha goes with EMS personel before he starts yakking blood on people."

Once on the Aerodyne, he turns to Miguel and Aaron. "Aaron, you can fly amids the rubble in air form to find anyone trapped and hopefully Miguel can sense people as well. Between the rest of us, we should be able clear away rubble and help free anyone trapped. Maybe something at the diner will give us a clue as to how this started too, but I'm not holding my breath."

Mimic

First Post
Sounds good boss, Miguel tells him as he gets into the plane. Once he get to the first destroyed area he will help in the search and rescue.

Elementor

First Post
Calinon said:
Tyroc calls Kiro and Aaron over. "You two and Mimic, get yourselves into the Aerodyne. And make sure Neutron doesn't keel over on the way. He's swaying like a drunken sailor still," he says, patting Neutron on the shoulder.

Dropping from the sky and landing near to Neutron, Aaron changes from flame to his much sturdier earthen form. "C'mon old man," Aaron says with a rocky grin, "us whiper snappers will help you."

Calinon said:
Once on the Aerodyne, he turns to Miguel and Aaron. "Aaron, you can fly amids the rubble in air form to find anyone trapped."

"You got it bossman. Unless it is airtight you can consider it searched. I just hope everyone got out of range. I don't think I would know what to do if I found someone under there." Aaron states plainly as he nods towards the rapidly approaching epicenter of this nightmare.

Agamon

Adventurer
The media people back off from Misha as he falls, and medical workers move in. "Three broken ribs and looks like some slight internal bleeding," the doctor looking him over says. "Normally, I'd like to bring you to the hospital, but your injuries aren't life threatening, and I'm afraid we're going to be tight on room as it is."

"It's alright, doctor. We have nominal facilities back at Freedom Plaza in New York," Cumulus says as she comes by to check on Misha. "We'll take good care of him."

"Alright, well we'll bandage you up, but no unecessary moving around, got that?" the doctor says back to Misha.

When the doctor is done with him, Cumulus takes his place and says with a stern smirk, "You heard him. No macho crap. Take it easy, we've got things under control here."

Sarah assists Rachel, telepathically with her searching, and telekinetically with her rescuing. As the little boy is taken by a police officer, Sarah says to wolf-girl as they move to another pile of debris, "Look, I know you're not a big fan of the idea that Tyrone is our leader, but I think you need to give him a chance before dismissing him outright. He's been at this game as long as Misha, he knows what he's doing. Besides, if we're going to function well as a group, we need to be able to follow orders, right?" Her tone isn't angry or condesending, just concerned.

On the Aerodyne
It only takes moments to reach your destination. The street has been closed off and the area evacuated, so landing is not much of a problem. As the group exits the aerodyne, they notice that this section of the city is not nearly as badly damaged as where they were. In fact, the diner where it started looks like it only has some smashed furniture, a broken window and a hole in one of the walls.

"Well, no rubble to worry about here," Neutron says, looking around. "So, what are we looking for?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
The media people back off from Misha as he falls, and medical workers move in. "Three broken ribs and looks like some slight internal bleeding," the doctor looking him over says. "Normally, I'd like to bring you to the hospital, but your injuries aren't life threatening, and I'm afraid we're going to be tight on room as it is."

"Tell me something I don't know," Misha replies with a playful smile.

Agamon said:
"It's alright, doctor. We have nominal facilities back at Freedom Plaza in New York," Cumulus says as she comes by to check on Misha. "We'll take good care of him."

Misha smiles but says nothing, sitting up slowly.

Agamon said:
"Alright, well we'll bandage you up, but no unecessary moving around, got that?" the doctor says back to Misha.

When the doctor is done with him, Cumulus takes his place and says with a stern smirk, "You heard him. No macho crap. Take it easy, we've got things under control here."

"Macho crap? I am taking it easy, I just don't like being idle," Misha sighs, "besides you can do me a favor by telling me how Jennifer is."

Shalimar

First Post
Rachel looks up at Sarah curiously, her wolfmind couldn't really understand the question, she understood it, it was just so obvious to her that she didn't understand why Sarah was asking her. She brushed her flank against Sarah's leg, trying to get the Telepath to read her thoughts. It probably wouldn't be easy, wolves didn't think like humans, they thought with images, and rarely with words.

I can follow orders, but a pack leader is suppoused to represent the pack in all things. All of her thoughts were expressed as images, without the words, so it might have been harder to understand the deluge of Images. Tyrone, does not represent us very well at all, he speaks poorly, and that reflects on all of us. How her wolfmind sent the thought of Tyrone, a complex and almost dizzying array of images and feelings, none of which were complimentary. He is pack leader, yet he speaks as a cub who doesn't know the proper words so he uses baby talk, If he cannot talk with respect, then we will all appear without respectful talking. The idea she sent for respectful talking and baby talking were memories of Tyrone speaking slang.

He has claimed to be a pack leader at his old pack, this Vangaurd Pack, but this pack did not hunt, not like we will. It is not the same, he believes his accomplishments there mean we should not question him here. He makes light of the pack's abilities, and he is unable to make the decisions he must. We did not have a successful hunt here, if that giant two-leg had not died on his own, we would still be fighting, fighting and dieing. The pack leader made no good decisions here, he has only done what we are doing now as a lone wolf, a wolf without a pack. Misha and Jennifer have both worked with packs in fights before. The thought of Misha that she sent along was much more flattering then Tyrone's, and Jennifers only sligtly less so, they had both led packs, they were both able tomake decisions that Tyrone didn't seem to want to make, and Misha truly had the bearing of a pack leader.

Remove ads