• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Proposed Wager with DracoSuave - Blurred Step

Obryn

Hero
Part of me does think it'd be pretty easy to have a one line errata of:

All psionic augments cost 1 then 2 points. Here's the new power point chart.

Even if it would affect 3/4 of the psionic powers in actuality.
That's exactly the fix I'd suggest, but based on how WotC actually does errata, I think they'd have to re-publish all of them...

I agree with you in theory, but in practice I don't think WotC would do that... If the PP system were due for overhaul, I think we would have seen it this past month, I'm sad to say.

-O

Aegeri

First Post
Actually I sort of hope they publish the errata IN A BOOK (that's right). I'm rather hoping they update how psionics work in Psionic Power. Otherwise they'll have two books to errata instead of one.

And can you imagine the howling at that?

DracoSuave

First Post
That's exactly the fix I'd suggest, but based on how WotC actually does errata, I think they'd have to re-publish all of them...

I agree with you in theory, but in practice I don't think WotC would do that... If the PP system were due for overhaul, I think we would have seen it this past month, I'm sad to say.

-O

The problem with such an overhaul is that...

A) It would mean that the good level 1 at-wills are seen as too good by the creators

B) That they see this as a bad thing

C) Magic items need to be overhauled as well, they gave costs for powers that are based on the current model.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Well, the next updates are post-Essentials, so I think an obvious one would be, "Old races with extra stat choices." That's a pretty obvious conclusion to reach, though - so I would feel bad winning it :)
From what was written in the cleric preview article, it indeed looks certain that the old races will have more flexible stat choices.

The only changes we embraced were ones that we would have implemented even if we were not producing the Essentials products. That’s why things like the new approach to racial stat modifiers appeared in Player’s Handbook 3 and the higher monster damage appeared in Monster Manual 3. Regardless of the directions the Essentials products took, we wanted to implement these new approaches in the game.

Camelot

Adventurer
Well, the next updates are post-Essentials, so I think an obvious one would be, "Old races with extra stat choices." That's a pretty obvious conclusion to reach, though - so I would feel bad winning it :)

From what was written in the cleric preview article, it indeed looks certain that the old races will have more flexible stat choices.

How about a bet on what scores the old races will get? There's been speculation and disagreement before. I challenge anyone to come up with a list of races and their new ability array and see who gets more right! The loser...well, you know. T)

Runestar

First Post
Hmm...here are my predictions.

Dragonborn - +2str, +2cha or +2con

Half-elf - +2cha, +2 any other stat

Eladrin - +2int, +2dex or +2cha

Elf - +2dex, +2wis or +2int

Dwarf - +2con, +2wis or +2str

Human - +2 to any 2 stats

Tiefling - +2cha, +2dex or +2int

Hafling - +2dex, +2wis or +2cha

Obryn

Hero
Mine...

Dragonborn: +2 Str, +2 Cha/Con

Dwarf: +2 Con, +2 Wis/Int (with all the Dwarf's feat support, +2 to Str is a bit overpowered, and Int is the only other one that could work.)

Eladrin: +2 Int, +2 Dex/Cha

Elf: +2 Dex, +2 Wis/Int

Half-Elf: +2 Cha, +2 Con/Wis

Halfling: +2 Dex, +2 Cha/Con

Human: Same; maybe a different perk

Tiefling: +2 Cha, +2 Int/Dex (note: I can see Con for this, and probably should have made that my guess; I was going back to the 2e race.)

Added:

Drow: +2 Dex, +2 Cha/Wis

Half-Orc: +2 Str, +2 Dex/Wis

Just a guess. :)

-O

Last edited:

Dungeoneer

First Post
Is errata really the way to go with flexible stat bonuses? I sort of assumed we'd see it in a book, or a Dragon article at minimum. This would be an enhancement to something that already works fine, not a fix to something that is over- or under-powered.

It just seems like a big deal that they would want to publish to the player base as widely as possible, rather than to the handful of people that actually read errata. And I don't think you want this kind of thing just showing up in the CB without explanation.

Just my two cents though.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Elf +2 Dex, +2 Wis or Str (rangertastic!)
Eladrin +2 Int, +2 Dex or Cha (Arcane!!!)
Half Elf +2 Con, +2 Cha or Wis (Based on the 1/2 elf feats in dragon)
Dwarf +2 Con, +2 Int or Wis
Dragonborn +2 Str, +2 Con or Cha
Tiefling +2 Cha, +2 Con or Int
Human +1 to death saves
Halfling +2 Dex, +2 Wis or Cha

Half Orc +2 Str, +2 Dex or Con
Shifter No Change
Deva +2 Wis, +2 Int or Cha
Gnome +2 Cha, +2 Con or Int
Goliath +2 Str, +2 Con or Wis

Shadar Kai +2 Dex, +2 Int or Cha

Voidrunner's Codex