• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Proposed Wager with DracoSuave - Blurred Step

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I think that tieflings ought to get a bonus to con, so as to excel as infernal warlocks. Given their whole backstory it would just make sense.

Camelot

Adventurer
I don't remember off the top of my head which races are in the first essentials, and I'm too lazy to look it up, so I'll just guess all the PH1 ones.

Dragonborn: +2 Str, +2 Con/Cha
Dwarf: +2 Con, +2 Str/Wis (though this would be what I'd do in an initial release; you might be right about the feat things, and Int would be my second choice)
Eladrin: +2 Int, +2 Dex/Cha
Elf: +2 Dex, +2 Str/Wis
Half-Elf: +2 Cha, +2 Con/Wis
Halfling: +2 Dex, +2 Int/Cha
Human: no change
Tiefling: +2 Int, +2 Con/Cha

I also have guesses for the rest of the PH races, and I even thought about the monster races before. But we shall see!

keterys

First Post
I'd love to see humans become:
+2 to a Physical (Str, Con, or Dex)
+2 to a Mental (Int, Wis, or Cha)

But, somehow I suspect not. Anyhow, pretty sure half-orcs are in essentials. Lessee, googling turns up:

Races: Human, Halfling, Eladrin, Elf, Dwarf, Dragonborn, Drow, Half-Elf, Half-Orc and Tiefling

eamon

Explorer
Dwarf: +2 Con, +2 Str/Wis (though this would be what I'd do in an initial release; you might be right about the feat things, and Int would be my second choice)
Hmm, that would be almost too good for fighters and other melee weapon dwarves; I don't think they can give dwarves a Str bonus without things getting too strong.

keterys

First Post
Hmm, that would be almost too good for fighters and other melee weapon dwarves; I don't think they can give dwarves a Str bonus without things getting too strong.

There are already Con and Wis-based melee classes... good incentive for them to fix the silliness of the feats, though. I don't see how it could be anything other than Str.

Runestar

First Post
Int seems a little out of place for a dwarf. I chose str as it fit with their stereotype of being strong, tough and hardy.

Or how's this to break the mold - the ability to apply +2 to the same stat twice, for a total of +4 to said stat?

Say, orc - +2str, +2str or +2con. :p

eamon

Explorer
There are already Con and Wis-based melee classes... good incentive for them to fix the silliness of the feats, though. I don't see how it could be anything other than Str.

Which classes are you referring too? In any case, the Fighter and warden would be particularly nasty; that minor (and solid) second wind is really nice for a warden, and for a fighter, there's dwarf-only feats in addition to the very powerful DWT and the obvious advantage of a minor-action second wind for a defender.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads