Psionic Mantras (Rituals) for 4th Edition

Myrhdraak

Explorer
As I have decided to keep on playing 4th Edition I have started focusing on adding the things I felt was missing in 4th Edition, and thereby creating my own 4.5 Edition.
One of the areas I think was missed out on was 4th Edition rituals for Psionics - which I call mantras.
Download my rules for Psionic mantras

You may use these or some other rules. Are there any people interested in help converting 3rd or 3.5 Edition psionic powers to 4th Edition versions. I have realized this is quite a big task, so I have only started with some that fits into my current campaign, and hope that other might be willing to do the same for suitable powers in your campaign.
Focus is on powers with a duration of 10 minutes or above, which thereby is suitable as rituals. Here are two examples:

[h=4]Ectoplasmic Creation[/h]
1st-Level Metacreativity
* Psionic
You shape raw ectoplasm into useful objects of nonliving, organic matter.

Category: Creation
Time: 1 minute
Range: Object
Duration: Permanent
Component Cost: Special
Market Price: 50 gp
Key Skill: Psicraft [Intelligence] (no check)

You shape raw ectoplasm from the Astral Plane into a non magical, unattended item of nonliving,
organic matter, such as a wooden club or leather armor, or a piece of adventuring gear. The component
cost is equal to the item's price.
The volume of the item created cannot exceed 1 cubic foot in size.
Attempting to use any created object as a material component for spells causes the spell to fail.

[h=4]Attraction[/h]
4th-Level Telepathy
* Charm, Psionic
Your planted attraction in the person's mind fills it with feelings of kinship, affection, and perhaps even love.

Category: Exploration
Time: 10 minutes
Range: 5 squares
Duration: Special
Component Cost: 70 gp
Market Price: 200 gp
Key Skill: Psicraft [Charisma]

You plant a compelling attraction in the mind of one non hostile natural humanoid creature that is at least
2 levels lower than you. The target must remain within 5 squares of you while you plant the attraction in
its mind. The attraction can be toward a particular person or an object. The target acts as a friend for
1 hour, assisting you as he can, but he takes no actions that put him at any risk or that require an expense
of more than 5 gp.
Once the mantra's duration expires, the target's attitude returns to normal. The ritual does not affect the
target's memory in anyway.
Augment 1 (DC 21): The target acts as a friend for 1 hour, assisting you as he can, but he takes no actions
that put him at any risk or that require an expense of more than 25 gp.
Augment 2 (DC 31): The target acts as a friend for 6 hours, assisting you as he can, but he takes no actions
that put him at any risk or that require an expense of more than 50 gp.
Augment 3 (DC 40): The target acts as a friend for 1 day, assisting you as he can, but he takes no actions
that put him at any risk or that require an expense of more than 500 gp

thanson02

Explorer
I love it! I also agree that there a lot of things that need more love and psionics is definitely one of them. 😁

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

dream66_

First Post
Great idea, and something badly needed, one thing I'd suggest you do is rewrite Sending and Tensers Floating disk to be more appropriate Mantras and give psion free choice of those instead of the rituals

Remove ads