Psionics and Chi Exploits

Angusto

Explorer
What's the functional difference between doing that and simply using them one at a time over two actions? Just the combined attack roll? I guess that doesn't break anything, though it's not the intended usage.

When you put it like that I suppose its really just flavor, though in some cases combined damage types could be significant for avoiding single type SOAK. Based on your earlier post in this thread though it would be impossible to use them one at a time over two actions since you can only uses exploits once a turn and both of them count as exploits so after the first action you couldn't use the other one.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No, you can only use a given exploit once per turn. So you could technically do that over two actions.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ah okay, so technically could you combine exploits twice a turn if the exploits in each combination set were all different from each other?

I took me a couple of attempts to parse that, but yes - as long as you don't repeat an exploit!

Angusto

Explorer
I took me a couple of attempts to parse that, but yes - as long as you don't repeat an exploit!

Excellent! So along that same line of thought, are reaction exploits also once a turn or are they once a round? By which I mean, could you say use Blink to dodge on multiple enemy turns if you had enough Psi points or, to use a non-TALENT example, could you use Quick Stand whenever an enemy knocked you prone as long as it wasn't the same enemy?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Excellent! So along that same line of thought, are reaction exploits also once a turn or are they once a round? By which I mean, could you say use Blink to dodge on multiple enemy turns if you had enough Psi points or, to use a non-TALENT example, could you use Quick Stand whenever an enemy knocked you prone as long as it wasn't the same enemy?

Reactions take place outside the player's turn, and you have one per round. So no, you only get to Quickstand once.

Angusto

Explorer
Reactions take place outside the player's turn, and you have one per round. So no, you only get to Quickstand once.

Alright, that's what I thought but I'm glad I clarified with you.

Thanks for answering all my questions! I hope it didn't feel like I was pestering you with the constant responses. Now my group can refine our play experience further!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh, I love answering questions! A creator likes nothing more than people talking about his creations!

Out of curiosity, what setting are you running?

Angusto

Explorer
We are running a multiverse setting, so all three game types. Characters can take career grades from any setting, any available universal exploit they qualify for, and learn any form of Magic, Psi, or Chi (but we'll probably limit Chi now until there is more to work with). It is essentially a High Fantasy, Mythic, Science Fantasy setup set in a universe all the players devised by combining together various worlds and creations from each of our turns as Game Master before we started WOIN.

It is pretty crazy at times but a lot of fun and adopting WOIN not only made it possible to do but it made the game work really well mechanically too.

Remove ads