D&D 5E Psionics in Tasha

This is an apt description for cheap tequila (though I just drink the shot and don't worry about salt and lemon) and I probably would have thought the same of tequila in general but there is some really nice tequila out there that tastes incredible. 1800 tequila is one I'd rate highly.

Agreed. Tequila has so much variation its insane. Top shelf tequila tastes totally different from the crap that gets dished up in most clubs. Like a different spirit entirely.

For an edition which is not about the mechanics as much as it's about the story, it's probably the better calculation to choose systems that people don't hate over a system that only a small minority love, because it's not about systems.
There are lots of games that are not about systems, but most of them don't need three big books full of hundreds of pages of rules.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
For an edition which is not about the mechanics as much as it's about the story, it's probably the better calculation to choose systems that people don't hate over a system that only a small minority love, because it's not about systems.
I think they flubbed it, then. I think more people will hate this than one of the other systems. Had they polled people correctly, they'd have gotten better results.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
There are lots of games that are not about systems, but most of them don't need three big books full of hundreds of pages of rules.

That's the beauty of what WOTC pulled off with 5e. They made a game where you want to buy a bunch of rulebooks, while also making it themed on story. Regardless, you can believe that for you this is an edition not themed on story, but the overwhelming majority seem to think it is. And pretty much all their marketing is based on that theme as well.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I think they flubbed it, then. I think more people will hate this than one of the other systems. Had they polled people correctly, they'd have gotten better results.

Given you've guessed wrong on virtually every speculation on 5e ever for over half a decade now on what will and will not be popular, I will take that bet :)

People are going to be fine, on average, with more spellcaster stuff. Again, most players these days never played D&D before 5e. They just don't have our backgrounds and hangups.

That's the beauty of what WOTC pulled off with 5e. They made a game where you want to buy a bunch of rulebooks, while also making it themed on story. Regardless, you can believe that for you this is an edition not themed on story, but the overwhelming majority seem to think it is. And pretty much all their marketing is based on that theme as well.
I like 5e. It is an edition themed on story, for Dungeons & Dragons. When you compare it with the average RPG, D&D is still a rule-heavy game, in my opinion.

Max, you are certainly entitled to your feelings.... but none of what was produced in U/A was what you wanted.

Some other method of polling, was not going to change that.

Remove ads