Psionics

hong

WotC's bitch
So, it seems all but certain that there will be a 4E psi book at some point.

Will they ditch the snot?

I can take the New Age crystal stuff, as long as they ditch the snot.

Please, WotC, ditch the snot.

Rechan

Adventurer
After having read The Dresden Files, which makes heavy use of ectoplasm (Ectoplasm is what matter is made of in the Spirit Realm; summoned creatures brought into the world are MADE of snot but look like themseves), I don't mind the snot.

It's the crystals I don't like. And the sciency words*.

*Yeah, I went there, arguing about naming conventions.

hong

WotC's bitch
Rechan said:
After having read The Dresden Files, which makes heavy use of ectoplasm (Ectoplasm is what matter is made of in the Spirit Realm; summoned creatures brought into the world are MADE of snot but look like themseves), I don't mind the snot.

The problem is not just the snot, but that they also used psi as a hook for Matrix/wuxia-like stunts like running up walls, etc. There is nothing in that genre that involves snot.

Rechan

Adventurer
hong said:
The problem is not just the snot, but that they also used psi as a hook for Matrix/wuxia-like stunts like running up walls, etc.
Hopefully that genre will be reserved for Ki. :)

Rechan

Adventurer
hong said:
The problem is not just the snot, but that they also used psi as a hook for Matrix/wuxia-like stunts like running up walls, etc. There is nothing in that genre that involves snot.
Also, apparently in 4e, everyone is supposed to do wuxia/matrix stunts and run up walls, so there's no need for it to be shoved onto Psionic's plate.

;)

Raith5

Adventurer
Rechan said:
It's the crystals I don't like. And the sciency words*.

*Yeah, I went there, arguing about naming conventions.

Amen! I hope they add something mystical to Psi (and/or ki) to make it special in its own right.

Flobby

Explorer
definitely, definitely! no more ectoplasm and crystals! I wouldn't mind if they combined ki with psi though. I think it makes perfect sense as the same power source.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases