Psionics

Drowbane

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
I don't care what imagery they use, but the telepathic part of psionics will never work for me without some passive as well as active powers. A telepath is telepathic, it's not something they decide to do for a few minutes at a time 4 or 5 times a day. They need a reactive perception check for intelligent creatures in their area, massive bonuses to sense motive, and free action Hunch and Sense Enchantment checks. Then they would start to look like a telepath. Oh and the telepathy special ability, with range based on level/power.

QFT

Bacris

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
I don't care what imagery they use, but the telepathic part of psionics will never work for me without some passive as well as active powers. A telepath is telepathic, it's not something they decide to do for a few minutes at a time 4 or 5 times a day. They need a reactive perception check for intelligent creatures in their area, massive bonuses to sense motive, and free action Hunch and Sense Enchantment checks. Then they would start to look like a telepath. Oh and the telepathy special ability, with range based on level/power.

Very well stated.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Psionics without brainsnot is like breakfast without bacon. And I just had bacon for breakfast. Draw your own conclusions.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Piratecat said:
Psionics without brainsnot is like breakfast without bacon. And I just had bacon for breakfast. Draw your own conclusions.
Bacon: s'not just for breakfast.

Yummy, -- N

Drop anything scientidfic named, including the word psionics. I hate it all with the heat of a thousand burning suns.
I'm all for powers of the mind etc. but call it Mentalism, or the Force, or whatever. But don't put sci-fi terms in my fantasy, thank you very much.

I hope psionics gets its own book ... so I can safely ignore it like I have in all previous editions.

I'll be quite peeved if the psionics classes come out in the same book with, say, the nature classes.

hong

WotC's bitch
Matrix Sorcica said:
Drop anything scientidfic named, including the word psionics. I hate it all with the heat of a thousand burning suns.
I'm all for powers of the mind etc. but call it Mentalism, or the Force, or whatever. But don't put sci-fi terms in my fantasy, thank you very much.
But what about the snot?

Remove ads